rg560 carotene - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

rg560 carotene

reptar3.jpgHey everyone , I just got this rg560 carotene , it plays great and sounds really good, from the research ive done I haven't been able to find any that have these green pick ups and the green trust rod cover , the neck single coil pickup seems to be stock tho , can anyone tell me anything more about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11007578_1036050019744062_1997936301_n.jpg (53.7 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 05:26 PM

Re: rg560 carotene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoSalvation View Post
Hey everyone , I just got this rg560 carotene , it plays great and sounds really good
Don't see these much. Cool find.

Quote:
from the research ive done I haven't been able to find any that have these green pick ups and the green trust rod cover
I doubt any of the green would be stock... or maybe it's green covers on stock hardware, difficult to tell from the pictures (either way, I'd ditch the bright green hardware and go back to black).

Quote:
the neck single coil pickup seems to be stock tho
It isn't. Looks like a single-coil spaced humbucker. I've seen Seymour Duncan versions like that. It should have come with black Ibanez V1/S1/S1 (H/S/S) pickups.

Quote:
can anyone tell me anything more about this?
Check your S/N. If it matches the catalog info, Carotene Orange was only available in 1988, so it should start with an "8" for '88 (I think). Though that's not a hard/fast rule, either. I have an Emerald Green 570 with a 1991 S/N (EG was supposedly only available in 1992, but I confess mine has a later '91 S/N).

Thanks for sharin'.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you that helps , I happened to find this used at guitar center , I had research and thought it was the rg560 carotene from my research the carotene's were made in 1987 and sold in 1988 and from the serial number it says it was made in 1987 which lines up . The green pick ups sound amazingly good , and I don't plan to swap them out , the neck pick up is decent but very very low output . This is my first Ibanez actually and I love it so much , it was so unique looking I couldn't pass it up and im glad I didn't .
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:01 AM

My first Ibanez was a RG560 I bought in the late 80's. Awesome guitar! Have not seen a Carotene one before, looks fantastic! Congrats! ^ ^
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:13 AM

Sweet!

Neck pu looks like a Duncan Rail type of some sort, could be a Cool or Vintage Rails if you say the output seems low. Bridge appears to be a DiMarzio.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 12:11 PM

Nice Score! Carotene is almost unicorn like!

Tags
carotene , rg560

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode