RG560L - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

RG560L

Hi guys, I just bought (like 30 minutes ago) an RG560L (Black, SO sick of Black Lol!) off fleabay for $140.00 and I'm trying to figure out when they first introduced them for lefties. I just got done scouring the old catalogs and it seems like some pages are missing.

In the pics of the auction it is (sort of) hard to tell whether it has a Lo-Pro Edge or an original Edge. It looks more like a Lo-Pro Edge to me, what do you guys think?

Last edited by Trail of Dead; 05-24-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 PM

Re: RG560L

560L's were from '89 to '93, I believe. Would have also been an original Edge. Any chance they gave you the serial number or you can get it from a photo?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

No, They didn't post a pic of the back of the headstock. I just emailed him to see if he'd send me a closeup of the trem. To me, it looks like it MAY be a Lo-Pro edge as it appears to have the allen heads directly on the backs of the saddles rather than through the back of the trem body. I have seen lefty Lo-Pros before and I'm hoping that this is one of them. It was such a good price I immediately jumped on before anyone else could! When it comes to these old lefty square heel RG's I learned to examine the pics quick, make sure the sellers feedback is up to snuff then BUY! They simply don't last long on fleabay, especially for $140 shipped! If it IS a lefty Lo-Pro I am planning on using it in my 1989 RG550L body I have for my lefty 550 JEM project I'm slowly starting!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Well, it is confirmed! Serial number is F15xxxx (so it's a 1991) and it IS a left handed Edge Lo-Pro! WooHoo! I am super stoked! Here's the pic! It's a project but at least it is complete.

Last edited by Trail of Dead; 07-24-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Tags
left handed rg560

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode