#1 ·
#19 ·
Oh I dumped a ton of money into it :mrgreen:

Here's a more recent photo:

-DiMarzio Virtual Vintage '54 Pro
-BKP Holydiver
-Brass big block
-Custom made knobs

It had an HS-2 and a Tone Zone when I bought it, but I also have the stock pickups. The original stock pickups are pretty good and I'm actually using the stock bridge pickup in a parts guitar right now; it honestly sounds pretty much exactly like a MegaDrive. I think it's a little sad that this reissue doesn't include a reissue of the HB2 bridge pickup because it was pretty killer.

#25 · (Edited)
My Bro was looking for a guiter for his studio in a price range 1000 € and asked me to support. As an IbanezManiac, it was clear, it has to be an Ibby. First i aimed at a Genesis modell, remaining the famous Rg 550, MIJ. But then, i fell about the RG6PFGMLTD-GBB. Such a nice Axe i thought (i love colors). So i called my friend and recommended to order one. This evening i had a little time to visit him and inspect the beauty. Although "Made in Indonesia", I was impressed about the design and the quality of this instrument. The neck feels almost similar to my Jem2kDNA, so after a short time i felt "at home" . With the DiMarzio pup combination, (similar to many J- Customs), playing through the HELX, i got an excellent sound.
What i couldn't test was the abuse of the trem in connection with the tuning stability, because of a lack of time (Corona: you have to stay at home after 09:00 PM).
But next time, i will also test that. My first impression is: you get an eye catcher (of course in the eye of the beholder), a high quality axe for this budget, that plays fine.
Cheers Wolfgang

#31 ·
Not sure if anyone noticed but none of the online music retailers have the new rg565 for sale anymore. I contacted the rep from Sweetwater that had called and emailed me about when I placed my order for one and said it was discontinued but that they expect a shipment to arrive and I will receive mine. Not sure what all this is about, thought I should share it. Glad I ordered mine quickly! I almost didn't.

#33 ·
As said above, production and shipping is slow, not just for guitars, I imagine.

Likewise, those looking for an RG550 Genesis will also be somewhat disappointed because they're out of stock/back ordered in several outlets. I was looking at them recently and noticed that several places in Europe and the US don't have them. At Thomann, for example, there's a 13-17 week wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.