RG570?? Need help please! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

RG570?? Need help please!

Hi everyone,

*Warning* some newbie questions heading your way

I've been giving the opportunity to purchase this guitar 7421910150 off the winning bidder. After looking through Ibanez Rules catalog for '89, i cannot find anything that resembles this with the maple fretboard.

As the seller mentioned in the auction, it has 570 on the headstock. Were the 570s released that year with a maple fretboard?
Also noticed in the catalog all the trems were black. Am i right in saying that the trem in the picture looks silver?? Could the reason be because the black has worn off??

I really need to know if this is an original 570 or something else.

Thanks!

Last edited by IbanezGirl; 06-14-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:23 PM

Re: RG570?? Need help please!

that's a total mongrel. I've never seen an rg5xx or 7xx with chrome hardware.

+ I've never seen a maple board 570

+ lots of vague naming went on in the rg line at that time.

many rg 560s and 570s had necks stamped rg550.

I had an rg750 with a neck pocket stamped rg550. some ******* on **** tried to tell me I was misrepresenting.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Dee

Whatever it is (and it does indeed look like a mongrel) it's a pretty cool looking guitar and you got a great price on it. I would have bought that, no question.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guitarslinger213 and Deeswift

Guitarslinger, my gut feeling had sort of told me that something wasn't right with the maple board, but i wasn't a 100% sure. I also didn't know about vague naming that went on in the rg line. Thanks for clarifying In regards to the chrome hardware, any ideas on what it could be from?

Deeswift, that wasn't me who bid and won it.
The winning bidder has offered it too me. I have no idea at this stage what his asking price is as he won't say until he receives it.

It's a shame it's a Mongrel, i want my first RG 5xx to be a purebred.

Last edited by IbanezGirl; 06-14-2006 at 07:53 PM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:11 AM

Reviews: 34

I am not sure I remember that paint colour (particularly in two-tone) on Ibanezs that early. Maybe it has been resprayed?

Bottom line, if it has an origial edge rather than a trs then it looks like a good price. However there are loads of RG5xx floating around at the moment, so unless you are desperate for that one, you could wait for a mint one.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:48 AM

the only chrome edge I can think of was on the '86 roadstars, however, those had long trem blocks for non-recessed routing. Which means it wouldn't work on an rg, unless they swapped trem blocks.

It's possible this was a foreign market guitar. By that, I mean, it's still ibanez made in the fujigen factory, but maybe it was only released in Germany or England or something like that. that's why the Ibanez website asks which country you're from. Japan always has different finishes and sizes to suit their tastes and physiques.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe
I am not sure I remember that paint colour (particularly in two-tone) on Ibanezs that early. Maybe it has been resprayed?

Bottom line, if it has an origial edge rather than a trs then it looks like a good price. However there are loads of RG5xx floating around at the moment, so unless you are desperate for that one, you could wait for a mint one.
How is this a two-tone? The contours are just shaded from the way the camera flashed. Is that what you're talking about?

edit: BTW, that's a great looking case that could sell for $80 usd by itself.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 AM

just have patience and when the guy recieves it, get as many detailed pics as possible, then you'll know what you be dealin with
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

I'm not concerned with the description of the auction saying it's two-tone. I think that was a mistake on the sellers part. To me it looks like Jewel Blue??

The first thing that stood out when i first saw this pic, was definitely the chrome tremolo. It looks out of place with the black tremolo bar and black pups.

Quote:
It's possible this was a foreign market guitar. By that, I mean, it's still ibanez made in the fujigen factory, but maybe it was only released in Germany or England or something like that. that's why the Ibanez website asks which country you're from. Japan always has different finishes and sizes to suit their tastes and physiques.
You are referring to the chrome tremolo, which could have been released elsewhere, right?

The original seller assured the buyer that it has RG570 on the rear of the headstock, which we have already established hasn't happened, so that seems like another mistake by the seller. I don't mind if it's a 550 neck, but are there any possibilities of it being a lower end model neck??

BTW, i do agree it's a good looking case.

Ki swordsman, patience is not one of my strong points.

Last edited by IbanezGirl; 06-15-2006 at 09:49 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Well guys, just received a phone call from the person who won the auction.
The guitar has landed in Australia. From his quick inspection, the 570 sticker on the headstock looks original and not tampered with. The headstock is matching, not black. It's definitely a chrome? Edge - supposedly in great shape. Also, from his description it's got the slanted heel joint.

When he gets home from work today, he is going to take the neck off and see what's what and send me pics. I'll post them here as soon as i get them.

Does anyone have a European/Asian Catalogue from '89?
I'm starting too wonder if this could be a japanese domestic only released model?

Last edited by IbanezGirl; 06-21-2006 at 02:36 AM.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Well it looks we have an answer on the neck/body at least. Still stumped on the chrome tremolo though.

Here's the pics just sent..

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 03:34 AM

550/570 - Mongrel!

*pm* box full
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Aww, bitsa sounds better, than mongrel LOL!! Bits of this, bits of that.

Grr!!! Inbox's fill up to quickly. Thanks JJEMMER777
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 06:20 AM

it's not necessarily a mongrel, it may have had the 550 neck on at the factory, they've done it before and the RG470 MIJs have RG550 stamped necks, also- not everything models off in the catalogues..

plenty of crazy axes come from being certain shop deal one offs with ibanez..
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 06:39 AM

as i remember, i think i've almost never seen an RG with the same stamp either on the neck and on the body. and i've seen many, since i'm kind of a setup guy.

Tags
chrome hardware , edge trem , locking nut , locking nuts , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , strat style , trem block , tremolo bar , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode