RG5xx and 7xx rarer? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

RG5xx and 7xx rarer?

Wow. about about a few years ago you could find bunch of ibanez rg5xx and 7xx for like, $500. It wasnt that rare before, but now, it seems like the 5xx series goes up to $700, or even to $1000. you cant even find the 5xx and the 7xx anymore. Lol im glad i got my 1989 Rg570 for 500 (canadian dollars), i thought it was way to expensive but... it was a good deal, i think. Am i wrong? Or are those older guitars seriously getting rarer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Reviews: 13
Re: RG5xx and 7xx rarer?

yep... as time goes on there will be less and less in great condition. glad i got my 80s 550 too!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

yeppers.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:33 PM

i have 5 rg 550's and they are a litle rare,,10 years ago they were a litle rare too..flashy collours are very very rare.a yellow one can be found but a orange or pink or red is not that easy.the guitars are very very fine and in my opinion a real classic.
i have

white
black
yellow
pink/rfr
black aanj
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

lucky
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:49 PM

Reviews: 5

Having recently been hunting for a nice used RG, I would agree that it seems harder and harder to find them in VG+ condition at sub-$500 prices. I'd attribute this to three broad phenomena--the declining value of the dollar means that buyers from other countries are now competing for these guitars more often; as these guitars age, more and more of them are lost, broken, stolen, etc; Ibanez's steady price increases for their new products make higher prices on used guitars seem more acceptable.

I became a member here in 1999 and, at that time, it was rather common to find a nice RG5xx in the $300 range. In fact, I bought my RG550BK in very good condition here on Jemsite for $320+shipping. But as more and more people have figured out that the Internet is a great place to buy and sell, there is more competition for the good deals. This increasing competition, in addition to a shrinking pool of RG5xx and 7xx models tightens up the supply-demand curve. Add to this the weakened state of the US dollar and the constant price jumps from Ibanez (it used to be common to see new RG570s for $799) and you have a market ripe for inflation.

You can still get some great deals though--I saw a gorgeous RG570FM in transparent red on the 'bay two weeks ago which sold for $399. And I picked up an excellent condition RG570FM in trans blue for $499 last week.

The deals are out there, but not like they used to be.

Tags
ibanez , rg550 , rg570 , rg750 , rg770

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode