RG6-CDS2 XL scale length - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

RG6-CDS2 XL scale length

Hi Folks,

This is my first post but I've been reading here for ages. I just got a Ibanez RG6-CDS2 last week and am having trouble getting info on it off the web. I've tried finding any catalogues with it in but no luck so far. Do any of you have a scan of a catalogue for the RG6-CDS2 or any of th 6 string XL scale length Ibanezes you could send me or direct me to?

If anyone has an RG6-CDS2 then please let me know what you think of it and how you have it set up!

I absolutely love it so far. The neck if phenomenal and I like the extra space between the frets the XL scale gives me. I've got it in F standard just now but think I'll take it up to B standard soon as it's a bit mushy down there!

I'm also thinking about changing the bridge pickup for something a bit more agressive [BKP most likely] but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Anyway cheers folks.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM

Re: RG6-CDS2 XL scale length

Can't help you on the RG6 mate but that's a nice guitar. There was one for sale in GAK last time I looked.

On Bareknuckles maybe a Nailbomb or a Warpig?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 PM

hello

great guitar!i have played one that i really liked.it was for the japanese market only.
here on jemsite is a cataloge of it.look for custom ibanez guitars.
but pictures are recomended here!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 PM

Reviews: 12

http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/jpn_j...csd/index.html

i remember this page had pix before??

I second on a BKP Warpig

Reg
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
There was one for sale in GAK last time I looked.
I think thats where it's from, i almost pulled the trigger before the e-B-a-y'd it, but didn't go for it in the end.

Nice score bro, i've played 2 others and they are sweet guitars, my mate has one and it's got Evo's, it's a riffmonster
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Cheers Folks.

The JB that's in the RG6-CDS2 isn't spaced properly for the trem, but I have a trem spaced one I could swap in to try and improve things. But I'm not sure if I should just go straight to the warpig, I've got one in my test-bed RG that I could swap over for a try out. Hmmmmm decisions! Might get soldering tonight.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reguv760 View Post
http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/jpn_j...csd/index.html

i remember this page had pix before??

I second on a BKP Warpig

Reg
cannot view the pics ! grrrr !

my fault ?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Hi Folks,

I've been messing with my RG6-CDS2 [Seymour JB-bridge, Seymour '59-neck, 2 volumes, no tone] but I'm having trouble changing the pickups over. I've put in a trem spaced Jeff Beck to replace the JB it came with, but the pick-up sounds really weak compared to the neck one [the supplied one sounded weak too - not JB like at all]. I thought it might be out of phase but wouldn't both pickups sound weak then?

So far I've tried
- mimicing the wiring the way it came set up [tie off green and black]
- following the seymour wiring diagrams [which differ from the ibanez - tie off red and white]
- swapping them about in case the replacement JB has been wound wrong

I know the JB should be good as it came out of another guitar a few months ago, I'm going to try my warpig next as a tester but don't know if it will fix it.

The one thing that bothers me is the two capcitors, one on each volume pot joining each pot's two tabs together. Do any of you know what these are for and if they are necessary?

I'm not the best with a soldering iron but have managed to fit my warpig to an RG and have put a SB blackout in my MTM2 replacing all the passive circut so I'm not completely useless [just very close to it!] Has anyone else had these kinds of problems and know a fix? Cheers for any help you can give me.

Dave
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 AM

sounds like a faulty switch, try a new one and problems should be sorted and re-reading, sounds like a tone pot is wired as a vol pot, which may cause a drop in output also, i'd suggest re-wiring it as a conventional tone and see if it changes things.

Tags
xl scale baritone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode