Rg6 CSD 1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Rg6 CSD 1

Hey guys am looking for information on a RG6 CSD1... I've never heard of them but apparently only available in Japan. Have any of you heard of them at all and can shed any light on these guitars??
Single emg 81
Chrome low pro
Any info would be awesome!!
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:15 AM

Re: Rg6 CSD 1

yeah, limited edition for japanese market.
CSD = custom shop design, the guitar design by the guys from LA custom shop, but still manufactured in Japan.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Cheers bud can't seem to find much info on them but ones come up for sale.... I like the idea of it but wasn't sure if it would be just cheap crap lol
Made in Japan.....I'm all over it :-)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

You wouldn't have an idea of what they were worth mate??
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 AM

not too expensive as you thought, last time it appears on used market ( in japan), i saw they sold it for around 49K Yen. maybe it's around USD 500?

being a guitar with only a single EMG81 on it, it's speaks metal and nothing but metal.
no tone knob, flat black finish, blank rosewood board with only custom shop inlay on fret 12 is awesome too.
it's really my kinda guitar, but again, some minor things blocked my way against it :
chrome hardware .. a big NO NO.
flat black finish... not a fan of flat finish.
funny looking vol knob... can be changed later, but still a 'turn down' side for me.
and.... normal headstock..geez if only it has reversed headstock..

Last edited by psychoshredder; 08-15-2013 at 06:05 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Bro a reverse headstock would be perfect on this guitar!!
I'm not much of a fan of the chrome hardware and flat black either but I am a fan of the idea of a single emg in an rg.... I do like the neck with the logo and I even like the trem!!
For a cheap enough price I think it would be an awesome gat to have around :-)
Thanks for your opinion mate I appreciate it :-)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:45 AM

Bringing up an old topic here...I've had this guitar forever and never took the neck off to see what it was.

I have an RG CSD-1 dated 6/29/2000. When I bought it they had refinished it with a holoflash finish. Still ahd a flat black headstock. I sold it, but kept in touch cause I wish I never had. They since had the headstock holoflashed and put a Evolution in it. I love it...

What I can't find, is what type of neck it is? Then I want to get the specs for that neck as I'm looking to replicate it on my CNC...I could probably take measurements and figure it out form there, but thought if someone had the facts about it, I wouldn't be making an educated guess.

Thanks!

Neck pocket actually shows "RG-CSD1-01" "2000.6.29"
Serial on Neck "F0034417"

Tags
j custom?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode