RG655 FSO discontinued? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

RG655 FSO discontinued?

That's what I've been told when I spoke to the clerk at Long & Mcquade. They don't have any in stock. The guy looked into the inventory and says its a discontinued model and that Ibanez won't be making those anymore.

Even Cosmo Music does not have it in stock.

Any ideas on why I was told that? I thought the RG655 FSO sold very well.

Any possibility of the FSO with a maple board?!

---

I know Rich has a few of them. He even has the RG655M SPM second stock, but it would cost almost double to have it shipped+conversion+tax. The exchange rate is horrible these few years.

---

Can you guys share your thoughts on the color. On any pic I've seen of this guitar it looks like a rusty orange, but incredibly nice under sunlight. Does it look like the pics in person or is it nicer? Is it too dark without light hitting it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 02:35 PM

Re: RG655 FSO discontinued?

Is almost like a copper color in person
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 09:51 AM

Reviews: 21

Maybe it's because its end of year and they're cycling through stock? Maybe it's discontinued for next year.
I had something similar happen in '07 with my RG1570. The guy at Sam Ash said it was discontinued when I had an email from someone at HUSA that it wasn't. Those guys just go by what a computer screen tells them. I went and bought my "discontinued" RG1570 at musicians friend.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

That's almost what I thought, but the guy sounded so adamant, sounded like someone who's been in the business long enough. Whereas I thought the FSOs were selling great.

I doubt I'd settle for the FSO. I know its about playability, (which is why I stick to RGs at the first place), it's also the aesthetic choice. I don't want a guitar that plays different. I'd like own the same gutiar with different aesthetics (im sure lot of us are like that). [it has to be AANJ! haha]

Did you or do you own the FSO? Bond with it? Or does the color distract you?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:57 PM

Apparently it has been discontinued from what I saw on Ibanzez website. Only CBM and GK are available. Ibanez is notorious for discontinuing very successful models people covet: the Jem neon colors, RG550, 560,570, UV multicolor, etc., etc.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Vendor

It's not like nobody has any left, I still have 2 in stock. And the truth is, they were the most popular color, the first year. And since then, it's been nothing but GK and CBM. I haven't sold an FSO in a long time. So while it was successful, it no longer is and it was time to discontinue it.

Another case of Ibanez actually knowing what's going on a little better than those just talking about it.
Rich is online  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 12:24 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann View Post
Apparently it has been discontinued from what I saw on Ibanzez website. Only CBM and GK are available. Ibanez is notorious for discontinuing very successful models people covet: the Jem neon colors, RG550, 560,570, UV multicolor, etc., etc.
The 550 and 570 haven't been discontinued, they've just changed names over the years..........RG1550/1570, 2550/2570, and now the RG655.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Our local dealer had the FSO in one of their stores (the store was out of province, but he was willing to ship it in for me).

But honestly, I was curious to know about the FSO's color more as I was hoping it'd be a very loud orange. In fact, I never thought I'd be able to find the RG3250 FOR, but it went up on kijiji the same week I sold the DY. So, that's what I ended up buying.

It's funny how the market works. That FSO seemed very popular. However, even though I haven't seen the guitar in person, I didn't find the orange bright in any of the photos people put up.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesan View Post
Our local dealer had the FSO in one of their stores (the store was out of province, but he was willing to ship it in for me).

But honestly, I was curious to know about the FSO's color more as I was hoping it'd be a very loud orange. In fact, I never thought I'd be able to find the RG3250 FOR, but it went up on kijiji the same week I sold the DY. So, that's what I ended up buying.

It's funny how the market works. That FSO seemed very popular. However, even though I haven't seen the guitar in person, I didn't find the orange bright in any of the photos people put up.
The orange is definitely NOT bright. It is darker and kinda bronze in reality. It is definitely NOT like fluorescent orange of an RG someone posted here.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:13 PM

Yeah the orange was alright, it was pretty subdued color wise. I feel like the blue is a happy medium for someone who wants a loud color, but also for someone who doesn't want neon. Definitely have sold more blue myself.

Tags
firestorm orange , fso , rg655

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode