RG7 Custom - sides coated i'm getting there ;-) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

RG7 Custom - sides coated i'm getting there ;-)

Ok it's takin shape now, Hope ya all like it :-)

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:05 PM

Nice! Love the color on the top.

jim
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 05:01 PM

Wow! Much nicer pic of the top than the last one It's lookin' amazing
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 05:42 PM

Nice color on the top. What kind of body binding is this (is it pinstripe accent line)?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 07:24 AM

That looks really nice!

How did you do the binding?

And please don't say that you're going to sell this one (Because I'll have to buy it and then I'll have no money, my house will be repossesed and I'll have to resort to busking in tube stations with it. And the mrs will give me a right beating )
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Nathan, She and my UV and other RG7(not started work yet) custom are keepers, I don't play 6's much (if at all) there is too much lurve gone into her to sell

The binding is "violin purfling" black/white/black and basically i used an extremly sharp knife to cut a channel (knife was modified with a steel block, exact width of binding, depth was shallow then shaved the top of the binding back)

I think that answers all questions :-)

On the plus side, Althou i got major ripped on a full set of black rg7 hardware (all hardware) i have a very good freind whom has "lent" me his black hardware while he does'nt play his rg7620, So i have enough to put it all together and twang a few strings ... I have a Chrome nut (needs pads), and Eddie is sending me a set of chrome tuners (what a absolute star) all i need is to accumulate enough funds to purchase a lo-pro 7 in chrome too, But i have a certain MirrorBall to get posted which is my MAIN priority

The back has been sprayed today, i never realised how much abuse it's had but it'll take a few weeks of sorting out (oh for the use of LGM's spray booth)

Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode