Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RG7321 made in Japan? - i thought these were korean made?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  caprile 
#1 ·
I'm confused. I went to the guitar store today and messed around with an RG7321. Fixed bridge and the neck was relatively thin yet comfortable. I thought it played pretty nice for a $400 guitar. Then i checked the serial # and it started with an F99. I'm just making sure if these are made much better than a korean made RG7321 or if there's no difference at all. Were they made in Japan to begin with?

#2 ·
RG7321 made in Japan?

rg7321's are korean, and the store probaly made a mistake*.

...oh and the rg7321's were brought out in 2001; and by the serial number, the guitar you played would have to have been made in '99. that is unless ibanez had leftover** rg7421 necks and added binding to make them rg7321's.

*sam-ash tried to sell me an rg7421 as an rg7621. all for $900. :rotf:
**early rg7421's were said to have leftover rg7621 necks, although they continue to make rg7621's and rg7421's for the japanese market. :idunno:

(Edited by getthis at 11:49 pm on Dec. 12, 2001)

#3 ·
RG7321 made in Japan?

korean guitars are not all bad, just the quality varies a lot. i played a 7321 and felt great, great neck-body fit, frets, etc. the bad thing was the wood in the neck, very ugly, with a lot of wood imperfections (i don't know what you call those in english, those darker wood-knot tipe thing). anyway, they didn't have other at the time, but if you consider a pickup swap in the price, it's still a great deal. just make sure they have more than one so you can pick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.