RG7321 made in Japan? - i thought these were korean made? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 12
RG7321 made in Japan? - i thought these were korean made?

I'm confused. I went to the guitar store today and messed around with an RG7321. Fixed bridge and the neck was relatively thin yet comfortable. I thought it played pretty nice for a $400 guitar. Then i checked the serial # and it started with an F99. I'm just making sure if these are made much better than a korean made RG7321 or if there's no difference at all. Were they made in Japan to begin with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 12:34 AM

RG7321 made in Japan?

rg7321's are korean, and the store probaly made a mistake*.

...oh and the rg7321's were brought out in 2001; and by the serial number, the guitar you played would have to have been made in '99. that is unless ibanez had leftover** rg7421 necks and added binding to make them rg7321's.

*sam-ash tried to sell me an rg7421 as an rg7621. all for $900. :rotf:
**early rg7421's were said to have leftover rg7621 necks, although they continue to make rg7621's and rg7421's for the japanese market. :idunno:

(Edited by getthis at 11:49 pm on Dec. 12, 2001)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 08:54 AM

RG7321 made in Japan?

korean guitars are not all bad, just the quality varies a lot. i played a 7321 and felt great, great neck-body fit, frets, etc. the bad thing was the wood in the neck, very ugly, with a lot of *wood imperfections (i don't know what you call those in english, those darker wood-knot tipe thing). anyway, they didn't have other at the time, but if you consider a pickup swap in the price, it's still a great deal. just make sure they have more than one so you can pick.

Tags
fixed bridge , korean guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode