The RG7321 restores my faith in Ibanez! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

The RG7321 restores my faith in Ibanez!

Ive wanted a 7string to play with for the longest time now, and since i couldnt afford much i decided just to get something that would get me by untill i could afford something better. I found an RG7321 on **** for 200 quid, which seemed to be what i was looking for, i.e a cheap fixed bridge 7string. I had some money and my parents offered to help a little for my birthday (20th on monday). As it was just a cheapie i wanted to mod it and as ive always loved that Universe with the black body and green pickups/inlays etc, i thought id do that same here. As it happened, the guy i bought it from had already had a similar idea and had put a green Ibanez headstock decal on it aswell as the green controls and dimarzio straplocks, so ... bonus!

Believe it or not, this axe is pretty sweet, plays really nice and the pickups that are in it arent so bad. The dude i bought it from apparently put the pickups from his prestige RG1527 in there, but i dont think thats true as these look nothing like the ones ive seen. Im not really pissed off though, these sound ok and i was gonna put some green Evo 7s in it anyway.

I was really worried about the neck, which was really my biggest concern. Id had an RG570EX a while ago and the neck was way to thin for me, but this one fits me just right. Its not that wide for a 7 string, certainly slimmer than my buds LTD F-207 he lent me, but its very comfy and i love the walnut stripes running along the length of the neck, very classy!

All in all, i think its a sweet guitar and im very happy with it. The one thing i cant believe is the quality of the cheap guitars these days. It has nice binding, walnut stripes and decent pickups (relatively) and for just over 200 quid you cant say fairer than that. The only thing i need to do to it, other than a general setup, is the electronics. Its not the best wiring job or component choice, so im gonna rewire the whole thing seeing as itll only cost a few quid.

Heres the updated family photo, i think she fits in quite well, dont you?

James

Last edited by SecondRateMime; 08-12-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:33 AM

Re: The RG7321 restores my faith in Ibanez!

Very nice indeed!
I have always liked the look of the RG7321, especially the new 2005 model. I too like the walknut stripes, and think it looks really classy. With a change of pickups, the thing would be awesome! I may end up getting one of those next actually. Congrats on the nice guitar!

P.S. Love the Warlock!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:47 AM

Nice collection man, how come that Jackson looks so much like a No Bones bout It USA Custom?
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:58 AM

Nice, I must say I like you amp collection more than the guitar one though ;-)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:01 AM

very nice guitar. congratulations. would love to see it finished with the rest of the green bits (are you replacing the dots?).

you might want to consider resizing your images. i run my monitor at 1280x1024 and was still scrolling left-right to read your post!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo7v
very nice guitar. congratulations. would love to see it finished with the rest of the green bits (are you replacing the dots?).

you might want to consider resizing your images. i run my monitor at 1280x1024 and was still scrolling left-right to read your post!
ahh yes, sorry about that, i thought id resized them all, but for some reason 2 escaped.

Id like to replace the dots, but i dont have much woodworking experience. Its something id like to get into, but i wouldnt know where to start. From what ive read, it looks like a matter of drilling out the existing dots and gluing in some green acrylic, but im not sure i have the balls to take a drill to it yet!

James
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:18 AM

I think if the dots were replaced with green ones, the binding should too be replaced with green.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:19 AM

If you really dont want to take a drill to it, a neon-green permanent marker may work. Just colour over the top of the existing dots.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
Yep that is a nice amp collection .

Regards

André

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:55 AM

All I can to this guitar is GREEN PICKUPS .

Regards

André

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:19 AM

This is ace news, I'm buying one soon!

Let's see some more pics of that warlock though..... *licks lips*

Joe
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJemBoy
My sentiments exactly!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJemBoy
This is ace news, I'm buying one soon!

Joe
my wish is your command ...

James
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
unfortunatly the Fender isnt mine, its my dads, as is the crappy Electar Tube 10. The Diezel and DSL are all mine though Its actually Herbert No.20 and was the first one in the UK, as far as i know its the first one with the metal grill, which is why it doesnt fit and is bigger than the grills on the new ones.

James
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 11:15 AM

Yeah I have both the rg7621 and the rg7321 They both feel and play the same I actually spent a few hundred more on the 7621 to me the 7321 is Japan quality with a Korean price and it's made in Korea currently for sale

Tags
dimarzio strap , fixed bridge , ibanez headstock decal , neck pickup , pickup ring , pickup rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode