RG7420 trem and 7th Heaven Tone Lok Pedal---What do u think? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

RG7420 trem and 7th Heaven Tone Lok Pedal---What do u think?

Hey guys.. I just wanna ask if i can change the lo-trs trem of my RG7 into an edge/lo-pro? Will that exactly fit? I don't think it has the same case with a 6 string "lo-trs->lo pro" modification.

Also.. I'd like to have your opinions about the Ibanez 7th Heaven Tone lok pedal.. Will it do the work if i connect this baby to my zoom processor? i'd like to make some really heavy riffs, y'know..

By the way, does Rich sell lo-pro edge 7 trems? If he is, for how much is he selling it?

I'm looking forward to your replies.. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:56 PM

Reviews: 30
Hey man, if I'm not mistaken, it would take some extra routs to make the bridge fit. Also, I own the 7th Heaven pedal and let me tell you, it is an amazing pedal (if you are into the extreme low end heavy sound). One thing I like about it, is you can emulate a broken speaker kind of sound with it also which I think is hella-cool. My style has progressed and grown within the last year or 2 and I have noticed that my 7th Heaven isn't getting the attention it deserves. Therefore, I would be glad to sell it to you if you were interested. I still have the box, pedal and papers and all in mint condition. This pedal has no more than 1 hour of use. Let me know if you are interested. If not, I hope this info can help some.

Later man,
David
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 04:17 PM
EKG

Yes, it would take a different route.

Check out Rich's Parts Page and check for the Lo-Pro. I believe he does and drop him an e-mail.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys... Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the help!

And david... Thanks for the offer but i'm not going to buy it.. i decided no to coz i tried it in a local music store near us and it didn't per4m very well for me.. the broken speaker sound it produces is really cool but i just want to enhance my distortion....

would you guys help me by suggesting pedals or processors that would really improve my sound? will a stomp box and pedal combination be good, or will it just create more unnecessary noise? I'm into new and heavy metal.. I really just want to make my sound heavier and meatier... Suggestions please..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 12:27 PM

Reviews: 30
Ok. That's cool man. Since you seemed interested in the tone-lok pedals, another one from that line that would help your sound become more heavy and metal-like is the "Smash Box". I own this one, and was quite pleased with it's performance. The sharp selection on the pedal reminds me of older metallica or megadeath. The smooth option sounds a little less fuzzy but still heavy as hell. Some other pedals that would help beef up your sound to a more extreme metal sound are some of the higher distortion Boss pedals. Another one, although somewhat costly, may be a good investment, is the Electro-Harmonix "Hot Tubes". I've tried it and it's just like the product description says. It's got Big Muff sustain, and the heaviest tube-driven screams. But the list is $278. The best thing to do is shop around and compare. Don't rush yourself either. Seems like whenever I rush into buying something, unless it's Ibanez guitars, I'm usually dissapointed and see something which outperforms my selection. Hope some of this helps man.

David
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot david... I'm really pleased that you're helping me out here. I'll keep your suggestions in mind... i needed those for future comparisons and possible purchases. thanks again and God bless!

Greg

Tags
boss pedal , boss pedals , heavy metal , ibanez guitars , local music store , music store , pro edge , stomp box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode