RG7620, bored with its looks. Post your modded pics. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

RG7620, bored with its looks. Post your modded pics.

My RG7620, although a very nice guitar looks really boring. I think I am going to modify it to look like one of her six string sisters, but haven't deceided yet... I would like to do a UV7RB rootbeer, but I think I might find it hard to find pink 7 string Dimarzios. Has anyone routed a 7620 for a middle single coil pup? It could be messy... On the other hand, it could also look cool in Orange... This is a pic side by side with her sisters...

Last edited by jazzedout; 01-22-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:57 PM

Re: RG7620, bored with its looks. Post your modded pics.

i think a root beer style finish with a white pickguard could look pretty nice, and you could probably keep your black pickups that way

EDIT done this mock up as close as i can make it

Last edited by timi_h; 01-16-2008 at 08:14 PM.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 AM

I've had this 7620 for 10 years, it used to be black and I did this to it~

http://www.shawncastonguay.com/rg7620.html

It just got re-refinished, i'll be putting the white blazes back in real soon.

I think if you went with a pearl finish or a sunburst finish, it would look pretty cool.
SliderJeff likes this.
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzedout View Post
I think I might find it hard to find pink 7 string Dimarzios.On the other hand, it could also look cool in Orange
You're right. Unfortunately, Dimarzio doesn't produce any pink 7 string pickups (at least that's what I saw at their website. I can't speak of custom work).
Maybe you should consider the LNG or something like that. Your pearl orange guitar looks great, so I think you should stick to a pearl color.

PS: no pic post for me. the only thing I've done to my 1527 is a Tremol-No
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 AM

do you need some special paint to refinish your guitar? im looking to refinish my 7620 too.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Bought a body from the bay from barbarelaxe (a member here) it was a 7420 but he'd added a monkey grip and lion's claw and enlarged the trem post holes.

Since this picture I've painted the dost on the neck green (with nail polish!)
Jim
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 AM

thats what im doing, as above, my friend is doing the wood work and im doing the paint. im gonna see if he will do me a neck also, when i get the money together. I got this off evil bay and some dick had routered in a single coil and messed with the selector switch so my friend is also sorting these bits out. along with the lions claw and the handle. if i had attempted it it would have ended up worse than when the guy who owned it before me had finished with it.

this bad boy will also be swirled but not GMC i going for something very new.
hay flobanez did you post your house on jemsite cribs cause the area looks nice out there in the snow?

hey Vim why did you need to enlarged the trem post holes? did it not have a floyd before? cheers HAGO
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:33 PM

The 7420 guitar comes with a trs type tremolo. trs posts are thinner then edge posts. so in order to install edge type posts the wholes need to be enlarged to 11mm.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 PM

i see said the blind man, cheers barbarelaxe, did herc swirl that one do you know? looks very hercey to me.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 PM

No, I swirled this one. more pictures in this thread:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72185
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM

as stated in the other thread by another swirler from Brazil i believe.... i can never spell his name (sorry) very nicely done, it came out looking real cool and smooth like a herc, which is always a good thing, also the finish looks very shinny indeed. congrats.
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

@ Vim Fuego: Did your RG7620 have cosmo hardware? Mine has all black hardware...
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:41 AM

Jazzedout, Yeah it did, I bought it from an evilbay seller here in the uk and he did mention that it had Cosmo hardware in the blurb. I didn't really think about it much, I've no idea if that is common or if it has been replaced. I do like it though!
Here's a pic of my fave 3 axes at the moment, (you can see I've now painted the fingerboard dots and switch tip with green nail varnish!!)

one of each type: plain, floral and swirled!!! [crazed]Aha...ha...ha...[/crazed]
Jim
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:54 AM

my RG7620 came with cosmo black hardware which i dont really like. i prefer it to be black.
anyway here's another repost of my 7620

post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM

Zasam4, just looked at your thread about your 7s. Nice work (stopped me asking if the single coil was real!) All I did was take a perfectly good guitar apart an fit the bits to a body someone else modified and swirled. I'd love to do some of these things myself, but I just don't have time or skill!
Jim

Tags
black pickups , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , herc swirl , monkey grip , string pickup , string pickups , sunburst finish , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in