RG7620 pickup and autograph questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
RG7620 pickup and autograph questions

I bought this used last week, and it's a really nice guitar, but I hate the bridge pickup. I don't love the neck pickup either, but this bridge pickup has got to go. I was just going to order a Crunch Lab, but then I noticed that these pickups are direct mount, and the ears on them are more of a triangle. So, does this mean that the crunch lab would work cause JP's pups are direct mount? Do I need to measure the ears on these and make sure that whatever I buy has ones of the same dimension or is there some standardization implemented across manufacturers for direct mount pup dimensions? Or... will any old pickup work?

Second question; this guitar (or at least the seller said it was, I paid no more for it) was autographed by Steve Vai. I dont' know if it's real or fake, and since there's no proof of it, it's probably worthless as a signature either way right? I guess the bottom line is, do I need to be worried about this signature wearing off?

Thanks a lot for the help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 AM

Re: RG7620 pickup and autograph questions

RG7620s come with New7 (Dimarzio) pickups as stock, hence the triangular mounting tabs. So, you can install any Dimarzio humbuckers with no problems, man.

As for the signature wearing off, most probably yeah, it will wear off.

Hope that helps, man.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

Yes sir it does, thanks!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 04:58 PM

Post a pic, most of us here know what Vai's signature looks like. As for it rubbing off, it probably will unless you get it clearcoated. Might be worth it. I have one of my custom guitars signed by both Satriani and Andy Timmons and it's def. worth protecting the sigs.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Yeah, I got a '98 RG7620 and I also found the bridge pickup to be horrible. Replaced it with an Evo7 as soon as I could. If I ever got another I'd throw the JP CL/LF set in there though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode