RG7620 should I get one ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

RG7620 should I get one ?

Hey guys,

So I found this RG7620 for sale. I've never played on a 7 string however I believe it's a good acquisition for my arsenal At the moment I own 2 mahogany 6 strings Ibbies.. 1 is my baby which I bought new and the other one is the "backup" which I got 2nd hand.

This way I could play those heavy low tuned riffs they way they were meant to be on a 7 string!

I guess adapting to the 7 strings should take just a couple of days ?

The guy is selling it in mint condition (so he says I have yet to check it out myself). It's from 2000 and he's asking 550 usd or 450 eur. Do you think this is a fair price ? It's still half of a brand new RG1527 but I read the original pickups on the RG7620 are better ? It's a straight black model though... a little bit boring, wouldn't mind the vampire color but well you can't ask for too much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 PM

Re: RG7620 should I get one ?

I would say if it's in "mint" condition, $550.00 isn't half bad. I've seen them going for as much as 700 in decent condition. You will not find a finer 7 for the price. As far as the pickups, I'd say sound is subjective. Some like the stocks, most of us hated them. I didn't mind the neck p/u but the bridge you'll definitely want to consider upgrading in the event you purchase this guitar. You should be able to switch to the Ibby 7 and feel comfy in a matter of an hour or so. In my case, I sold my 6er Ibby and stayed with the 7's. The neck just feels better on the 7's.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:18 AM

I really like mine. I usually play a LP or Strat and find switching to the 7 easy. Pick up wise I like both but propbably because it's something different to my other guitars which mostly have Seymour Duncans... but why have all the same??. Price wise, mine cost AUD$500 (I'm guessing about EUR 800) off the pawn shop wall so you're probably getting a good deal. Watch out for the paint, I'm told it will chip off with great ease... as mine does.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwalker View Post
Hey guys,

So I found this RG7620 for sale. I've never played on a 7 string however I believe it's a good acquisition for my arsenal At the moment I own 2 mahogany 6 strings Ibbies.. 1 is my baby which I bought new and the other one is the "backup" which I got 2nd hand.

This way I could play those heavy low tuned riffs they way they were meant to be on a 7 string!

I guess adapting to the 7 strings should take just a couple of days ?

The guy is selling it in mint condition (so he says I have yet to check it out myself). It's from 2000 and he's asking 550 usd or 450 eur. Do you think this is a fair price ? It's still half of a brand new RG1527 but I read the original pickups on the RG7620 are better ? It's a straight black model though... a little bit boring, wouldn't mind the vampire color but well you can't ask for too much
You could always give it a sick ass paint job lol. Maake it like a inferno mural on the guitar, lol. then it would b bad.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:47 PM

Reviews: 21

RG7620VK FTW!
You can usually find one popping up on flea bay every now and then for about $350-400.

Tags
rg7620

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode