rg7620 vs rg1527 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

rg7620 vs rg1527

i'm contemplating buying one of these to customize. i've read that the 1527 is the reissue of the 7620 but with cheaper pickups. that's really not an issue for me since i'll change the pickups anyway. i also like the new edge pro. so that's not an issue either.. just looking for the pros and cons of each aside from pickups and bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 09:49 PM

yes cheaper pickups,, but prestige specs, new trem that rocks!!! and bubinga strip neck. It kicks ass,, especially if you are going to put new pickups in it. That's what I did,, and I am very pleased.

I want more 1527's all with different pickups!

~A
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 04:58 PM

The 7620 and the 1527, are in essence very similar guitars, if a little time apart.

I believe the 7620 in it's hayday, sold for a few hundred dollars list price more than the 1527 does now,

Don't let this decive you however, the 1527 is an exceptionally well priced guitar.

I think the one thing letting it down, are the pickups, but like allen said, these are easilly changed, and dimarzio make exceptional pickups.

The neck on these baby's feels nicer to, thanks to the prestige treatment.

what confuses me however, is weather or not the rest of the guitar is classed as "prestige"

A few years ago, only a few guitars had the prestige insignia on them, and this was usualy refering to the neck only, not the whole guitar, then recently ibanez revamped it's line, and introduced many guitars to the prestige line. It was around about this time the 7620 went out of the window

What I'd like to know, and if anyone can answer I'd be aprecheitive lol, is weather or not the new prestige guitars like the 1527, are classed as all Prestige, body and all?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 05:39 PM

I'm pretty sure the 7620 is the 1527 of today. The bodies are both Bass wood. The prestige spec upgraded the neck and tuners I think, quality choice rose wood fret board etc.... New lo pro rocks,,, but it's hard to say what would be since the 7620 is gone now. The stock pickups actually surprised me though. They had a nice sound to them,, some are actually content with them. When I first heard them,, I actually liked them, and stopped sweating over having to replace stock pickups ASAP. I put the TZ7 and AN7 in and I am very pleased. So if money is an issue,, you would be happy with stock until you can slap some Blaze or Tone zones in it.

Again,,, the 1527 is an awesome deal. However if you can get a 7620 online with ebay or whatever that would be a sweet deal as well. Either on in my book is a "great deal".

Used 7620 are on ebay for around 500 to 700 bucks. That was were I was a few months ago. I figured I may as well buy a brand new 1527 and know that I had a new guitar,, and buying from Rich made it even a better deal, cuz Rich cares alot about the instruments he sells. Top notch dude!

~A

Tags
fret board , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode