RGA 121 vs. LTD MH1000 who has played both?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

RGA 121 vs. LTD MH1000 who has played both??

I know this might not be the appropriate forum, but for this dilemma I figured I would ask here.

I want a new shred/metal axe. I have a LP Standard, but want a 24 fret guitar with a fast neck. I'm wondering if anyone here has played both guitars?? I'm leaning towards the Ibanez because the quality and attention to detail seems great and it is comfortable as hell. Although the MH1000 has lots of bells and whistles: EMGs, Earvana nut, Tonepros bridge. How would you rate the quality/playability and overall sond of each axe??

Lastly, do you think the fact that the Ibanez is a bolt makes much difference in this case?? I'd think it would sustain well from the hard tail bridge, but compared to the LTD, which would you choose and why??

Again, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but to get a good comparison I chose to post here. Thanks.

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 07:36 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: RGA 121 vs. LTD MH1000 who has played both??

I have an MH-1000 and I'd say it has above average sustain, probably more than the Ibanez because it has a set-thru neck and it's also string-through. I don't really care for the bridge on it so I'm putting in a Wilkinson. When it comes to the paint jobs, Ibanez is more durable and thicker which is why I'll be refinishing mine because I can see a lot of imperfections in the paint job. This was my first experience with EMG's and I didn't really like them cause they didn't seem to have a tone of thier own like passives do, so I switched both of them out and just put an SD Invader in the bridge and filled in the neck pick-up hole. As for playability, 10/10 and the frets are awesome, jumbo height, but also thin so you have more room to play on the upper frets. I would choose the LTD because I bought it to make some modifications as I do with all my guitars. It's really up to you, both are great guitars, you should look at music shops in your area and play them both to see which you prefer. Keep in mind most people aren't as critical as me when it comes to paint jobs, but I have been a painter all my life so anything besides perfection in a paint job won't do for me. Sorry if I didn't help a whole lot, but you should know that you can't go wrong either way.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 12:43 AM

I have also played both guitars and they are both very excellent guitars. But from a personal perspective, if I could afford it I would blow them both off and get a RGA321 because it is freakin' gorgeous and plays like butta. Of course, the major difference between the RGA321 and the 121 are purely cosmetic but it is just a sexy beast. I already have a guitar with EMGs and it's great for what it is but I don't really see a need to have another guitar that's the same so I'd go with the RGA121 if for no other reason than that.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 12:56 AM

I hate to admit it, but after playing both I actually quite like the LTD MH1000 over the RGA121. Dunno what it is about the RGA121, I just don't like it too much and the value on the LTD is great. Even though it's MIK, the craftsmanship on it isn't too shabby what so ever.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 12:59 AM

Reviews: 7

best MIK guitar I've played if that helps

Tags
fret guitar , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode