RGA121 Dissappointment! - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Re: RGA121 Dissappointment!

The pickups of the RGA121 leave a lot to be desired. I swapped them out for DiMarzio Breeds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Reviews: 3

And how does it sound with Breed's?
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretcher7 View Post
Ibanez' tend to need to be re-set up out of the box for sure. I've played a few rga121's and I think they're cool guitars.
Almost all guitars, regardless of brand, need to be set-up because everyone likes their guitars set up a little differently.

Quote:
Pickups need to be changed of course, but thats standard on everything except the highest end stuff. My 2 cents.
Pickups are highly subjective. Some people are perfectly happy with stock pups and some folks, like you and me, know exactly what they want which is almost never the stock pups.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 AM

someone bumped a 3 year old thread, and now someone bumped a year old thread lmao

Tags
air norton , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , basswood body , custom shop , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge ibanez , flamed maple , graphite nut , ibanez guitars , locking nut , locking nuts , locking trems , maple neck , music store , paf joe , paf pro , paf pros , pickup combination , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , tone zone , trem guitar , truss rod , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in