RGT 220H SOL Is this a good price? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

RGT 220H SOL Is this a good price?

Hi guys. The local guitar store (I live in Canada) has an RGT 220H SOL for sale USED for a price of $1495 cdn. It is in minty condition and sounds great acoustically.

Problem is- I have no idea if that is a decent price for one of these guitars used and I believe they are now discontinued. I asked the cleck what they were going for new and he said around $2000 cdn.

I have only played "regular" RG's in the past and love them but the neck through and oil rubbed wood (not to mention sound) of the RGT 220H really appeal to me. The price just seems a little high to me. I would appreciate any advice.

My only real concern is with the Edge Pro bridge which sometimes gets slammed on this site. I only have original Edge's on my other RG's and love them. Also the neck profile seems a little thicker than my bolt on wizards but I can live with that.

Again, this guitar is super minty (I couldn't find a mark on her and I looked HARD) but still used.

I will point out that I don't NEED this guitar as I have several already so if you guys tell me it's not that great of a deal, I'll pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 04:10 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: RGT 220H SOL Is this a good price?

Well I know the list of the RGT320 is over 4 grand so that sounds like a pretty good price.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkleg View Post
Again, this guitar is super minty (I couldn't find a mark on her and I looked HARD) but still used.

Every guitar is used after a minute of play time. Even "new" guitars hangin on the wall at GC are probably more used than that used one. GO for it man. You want it, it's there, you'll kick yourself if you don't.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. The more I think on it, the more it seems like a good deal.

Damn this GAS!!! You know it will cost me more than $1495 in the end because I'll have to buy my girlfriend something nice as well or she'll never let me keep it. I already "have too much crap [gear] taking up space in our apartment!"

Tags
rgt 220h sol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode