RGT-220Z NTF - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
RGT-220Z NTF

So... on a trivial visit to the music shop in order to pick up some hardware I had ordered, I was surprised when I was shown someone's special order: an RGT-220Z NTF!!!

I didn't have the chance to plug it in because the shop was closing, but I did pick it up and played "unplugged" for a while.

First of all, it was almost in tune right out of the box! And the setup was very good also (not perfect, because I like the action to be extra-low).

The neck profile is a bit thicker than both my J-Custom and my RG. Not quite what I like in an RG, but great feel none the less. The access to the upper frets is acheived with no effort whatsoever. The neck vollute is also very comfortable.

The Zero Edge is simply amazing! No de-tuning at all, thanks to the Zero Point System. The feel is identical to any Edge family tremolo bridge. The arm holder is fantastic: a drop-in arm and a torque adjustment screw. Great!

The guitar has increased tummy cutaways, that go from the edge of the upper horn to the verymost back of the body! Boy is that incredibly comfortable!

Enough bulls*it.
Photos...

Body:

Last edited by Crazy_Guitar; 05-02-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Re: RGT-220Z NTF

Headstock:

Pickups:

Tummy cut:

Neck joint:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Edge Zero:

Zero Point System:

TopLok III:
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 PM

well I was testing RG2550 (I don't remember what letter is in the end but it was 2008 model with Edge Zero) after having '03 RG2550ex from it's birth the neck is a way thicker (just like You said "not what I like in RGs)

the Edge Zero wasn't so bad compared to Edge Pro, but comparing it with Lo-pro Edge just in the field of feel... well it was day and night difference...
the flutter of lo-pro edge is just so nice to play with, edge pro has just little of it, and Edge Zero has almost none.

maybe it's just the particular guitars of which I'm talking about... I don't know
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey, rzul: remember that neither you or me have removed the Zero Point System from the Edge Zeros!!! That's why we felt no flutter at all.

However, I got to "understand" the feel of a free floating Edge Zero, and it's exactly the same as all other Edge family trems.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 02:03 PM

now I want one of these! I can't afford a new one but I think I could get an older model with the Edge Pro (That is in a few months or so, not right now lol)

Last edited by newbieguitarmaker; 05-03-2008 at 02:34 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:26 AM

I think one of those with my choice of pickups = ideal guitar. Lovely.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

I never liked this model on catalogues. However, the wood really stands out when you hold it on your hands!

I'd prefer the RGT-320, though.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM

I saw some very classy pics of the older Edge Pro version on Ibanez Register. I knew then it'd be a dream guitar.

Tags
arm holder , edge zero , neck joint , pro edge , tremolo bridge , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode