Routed the front and rear trem cavities today and made a block from some maple to fit the rear. My first experience with a router and after a little practice on some scrap I just went for it, did the front first and then the rear, the rear came out better because i got the hang of it more doing the front side, in hindsight I should of done it the other way round!
Ready to route
Front side routed square, sides are pretty straight
Rear side routed square, I left a lip and 4 screw holes so that I can still fit the trem cover to hide the block, might make my own trem cover from the walnut veneer with holes drilled in it for the strings to pass through and just glue it on and sand it flush with the body.
Filled with maple block, took forever to get it to fit, and even then I made it a bit small on the length because I didn't realise it was the corners stopping it from going in the hole! [email protected]
! Some epoxy filler should sort that when I glue it in.
View from the front cavity, need to sort the pup routes when its glued in aswell