Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGT A first look at the beast... - Got my rgt this past frid

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jono 
#1 ·
The RGT... I have a dark brown one. It arrived this past friday. This guitar is absolutely gorgeous. The flame is excellent. My only thoughts on the looks is, since they glossed the neck I'd prefer that they paint the back and neck all black and the front dark brown. As it is I don't like the way the back looks. Construction... well this guitar is built solid, It feels like the most solid Ibanez I've ever owned, and I've owned alot of them. The pickups are paf pros, I'm not thrilled with them, they seem way to trebly for this guitar and not very tight. I'm a very picky player, out of the probably 35 or so guitars I've owned only three have made it into my keepers group. I definitely think I'll keep this guitar. I love everything about it minus the back looks(which who cares much?) and the pickups, which I'll probably change out soon. It plays so smooth for lead work... its also fine for power chords and over all rock and metal playing, however if you like to use 7,9 and 13 chords I feel the neck is a little bit wide and makes these chords not as comfortable to grab, but it is doable and probably can be easily gotten use to. A note about the heel, oh wait what heel!!! this thing kicks the crap out of aanj, trust me.

I would not hestitate to recomend this guitar above any other Ibanez model except a JS model. If you are thinking of buying one, STOP don't think... FEEL!!! the guitar in your hands, you have to get one, you won't be disappointed! I'm extremely picky and this guitar is a winner. Please note these are my opinions about the guitar I've got, your experience may vary.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.