RGT Prestige for 2010 in Europe? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

RGT Prestige for 2010 in Europe?

Hi all,
Anybody knows if there is RGT Prestige model coming out this year in EU? I was checking on the German site and there are only non Prestige models. Kinda set my sight on that model but the Red-ish color (2008/09 model?) is not 100% to my liking.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 06:35 AM

Re: RGT Prestige for 2010 in Europe?

According to the Ibanez catalog that was posted here 1 month ago, there were no Prestige RGTs for this year but I'm sure you can still find previous models in stock in shops around europe.

I have an RGT320 from last year.. I don't find much of a difference in sustain between this model and the other bolt-ons to be honest, I just think it looks better and feels nicer.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwalker View Post
According to the Ibanez catalog that was posted here 1 month ago, there were no Prestige RGTs for this year but I'm sure you can still find previous models in stock in shops around europe.

I have an RGT320 from last year.. I don't find much of a difference in sustain between this model and the other bolt-ons to be honest, I just think it looks better and feels nicer.
Thanks mate. So, is this a "regular" practice with Ibanez that they just leave some models out? I mean they do not have so many neck through models in RG. Or none at all?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 AM

I dunno if it's regular practice, I guess they just follow market trends ?

Here's the catalog in this thread
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/20...log-98511.html

For this year the biggest novelties are a series of RGAs (prestiges) but they use active pickups which I'm not totally convinced about. And playing a guitar on batteries just seems weird to me.

Then they also have these RGD series but they're meant to have higher gauge strings since the neck is longer than normal, so it's a drop C metal kinda of guitar which is cool but I like to play regular tuning stuff so I don't think it's a very versatile guitar for that.

The new prestive RG models are mostly 3 pickup combo and I like the 2 humbuckers style more so... again the RG prestige line fails to amaze me

But hey it's not all that bad, you can get a RGT from 2009-2008 for less than 2000 eur and it'll be as good as new!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 AM

They had quite a few, but mostly top of the line: RGT320 flames or quilts, RGT220 ash or mahogany.
You can still find NOS previous generation of RGT (RGT3020, RGT2020)

Quote:
So, is this a "regular" practice with Ibanez that they just leave some models out?
Yes, models come and go. In the particular case of the RGT, it might be that the newer necks are incompatible with Fujigen production. You can still get an RG neck-through (the RGT6EX), but those are non-Fujigen.

The RGT42 disappeared (No more Korean production)
On the plus side, they are now making set-neck RGAs.

Tags
european market , ibanez , prestige , rgt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode