RGT3120TV Bridge type - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

RGT3120TV Bridge type

I saw an RGT3120 model at a music store and the bridge had "Licensed Floyed Rose Patent" carved on it. Is that the type of bridge that comes with the RGT3120 from the factory?

How well does the 3120 stay intune after heavy use of the whammy bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 01:58 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: RGT3120TV Bridge type

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCide
I saw an RGT3120 model at a music store and the bridge had "Licensed Floyed Rose Patent" carved on it. Is that the type of bridge that comes with the RGT3120 from the factory?

How well does the 3120 stay intune after heavy use of the whammy bar?
stays in tune great.... pre-2003 models have the LoPro Edge and later models have the EdgePro... glen
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Which bridge is better? Do the 2002 models have "Licensed Floyd Rose Patent" written on them?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 09:09 AM

The Lo-Pro models have "licensed by FR" on them and the Edge-Pros have "Ibanez". I have an RGT3120TV and (after some adjustment) stays in tune just fine after whammy abuse.

As far as which is better...

My personal opinion is that the dependency of tuning stability of ANY edge model trem comes down to if it's properly set up (knives, posts, level, etc.) and if the GUITAR is properly set up as well.

I see too many discussions (IMO) where a blanket statement is made to the reliability of each of these trems based on the trem itself. Last year I had 21 different Ibanez guitars (19 with Edges - one EP-7) and they all behaved differently as far as tuning stability. Most needed adjustment in some fashion in order to get them where (now here's the key point of all of this) I wanted them to be. Some posts needed to be changed, some knives had to be filed, and others didn't, and not that I'm any expert at set-up, but over time with much trial & tribulation, reading Rich's primer, and talking to others I've learned how I want my guitars set up.

The Edge tremolo is the finest ever made for design and stability and I had no set up or tuning issues at all with the Edge-Pro 7 on my 8527 simply because it didn't need anything.

The questions are:

1 - how do you like your guitar set-up?

2 - Who's going to get it that way for you?

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

I want to have low action to make fast playing easier. If I get the guitar, I'll do the work myself.

Tags
edge trem , floyd rose , ibanez guitars , music store , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode