RGt320q - is this a insanely good deal? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

RGt320q - is this a insanely good deal?

Hi Guys,

A local dealer is selling a slightly used RGT320Q (the one with the nice royal brown quilt top) for 1150 with the case. The story goes some "rich kid" bought it and returned it. I tend to belive the story because a buddy works at the store and he is the one who told me about the kid returning it. He says he is pretty sure he can get his manager to come down a little more on the price, altho we didnt go into any specifics.

It has some very small dings that are minor. The guitar still felt "very" new and overall is in great shape, easily a 9 out of 10 possibly 9.5 out of 10.

I am pinched for money due to the fact that I am getting married but I think I can make cuts elsewhere to at least get enough to put it on layaway. Would I be a fool by passing this deal up?

If I decide to pass Ill let you know the name of the dealer so one of you guys can snag it hehe. But I am really torn on this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:17 PM

Re: RGt320q - is this a insanely good deal?

It's a good deal. best I've seen on them is around $1300. make sure you like the guitar first though. I'm sure it plays great, but being neck-through, I'd imagine it's probably a very, very bright sounding guitar.... but uh... if you pass. PM me.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

On a previous occasion I had played this guitar at another music and fell in love with it. I love the prestige line in general and I always wanted a mahagony prestige guitar, and I love nice quilt or flame tops. Initially I had decided on a 3120 but problem is the only ones I can find are the blue ones which is not my cup of tea. I prefer a brown, natural or red one. Problem is they aren't easy to come buy.

Neck-through is not my ideal choice but I do think this guitar is great overall and would be a great addition to my army of guitars. The only issue, as I see it, is that is this deal so good that i would be a fool to pass on it? As far as wanting it yes I want it, but is the deal good enough now to justify takie the fiancial hit? You never see this guitar on **** and even if you did it would prolly sell more then this one at the store, and the one at the store i know what im getting (unlike that auction site). So I think finding this guitar in this condition at this time (when its a current production model not some older discontinued item). I am trying to be very methodical and not impulsive.

And on a side note, from your post it sounds like neck-through = brighter sound? I thought neck-throughs made guitars sound fatter and more sustain. Mahagony is a warm wood so with that in mind how much brightness can be added by a neckthrough in this case? I used to have a gibson SG with a seymour duncan duncan distortion and it sounded real fat and chuggy not at all bright. I would most likely go with a duncan distortion on this badboy as well.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by elpingua; 02-22-2007 at 03:40 PM.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 PM

my abyss is black limba neck and body, neck thru contruction. black limba is similar to mahogany. it's very very warm and fat sounding. don't worry about the rgt320 being too shrill or anything. it will be a warm guitar i'm sure
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 PM

... This is a maple neck-through, I imagine, different than black limba.

It's not the neck-through design itself, but the fact that it's a maple neck-through - that is what makes the guitar sound bright.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM

yeah, it's because the of the neck. think about it. the neck is maple, and the neck is running through the whole lengh of the body, and this is also where the pickups are mounted. that's the reason I don't like most neck-through's... most of them have maple necks... and therefore are very bright sounding. it's up to you though. if you like how it sounds, i'd go for it. it's a good price.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mati View Post
... This is a maple neck-through, I imagine, different than black limba.

It's not the neck-through design itself, but the fact that it's a maple neck-through - that is what makes the guitar sound bright.
I don't think it's all that bright, but then again, I like bright guitars. But it's quite warm in my opinion. I've spent quite a while with one at my local Guitar Center.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM

Why don't you talk to your fiancee? If she's not happy, you won't be happy, and no deal in the world will change that.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 PM

Tell her it's what you want for a wedding present. Get her trained early. Special occasions = new guitar for you. My wife's about got the hang of it. If your girl buys it for you, then it's a guilt-free deal for you!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
Why don't you talk to your fiancee? If she's not happy, you won't be happy, and no deal in the world will change that.
+1
Welcome to married life.
Make sure's she's okay with it.
Or get used to sleeping on the couch.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

heeh the issue is not the fiance. We have a budget where she can buy her shoes I can buy my toys. The thing is I have to make sacrifices in other places of my own expenses. The reason I posted was to see how good of a deal this really is. It seems like it to me, but before I drop a grand+ I wanted to be sure it was the hell of a good deal =)

Judging from reaction so far, im still not sure hehehe. I guess the guitar for the money is good, but now im considered about the "brightness issue" when I first played one of these a year ago it was through a amp different then my own (was a peavy xxx i think - i own a mesa boogie dual rec). The particular vendor does not carry Boogies so I can't get a real feel for what it will sound like.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 AM

if you are worried, you said it's a local dealer... take your boogie in and try it on your amp. that will answer all your questions. but of course. if you love it, tell the salesman "ehh it's alright, how about $1000 for it"
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 10:43 AM

its 2500$ in turkey!!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 PM

I've seen this sex machine go for nearly 4 grand in Australia! I'm saving up for one, and my dealer said he could special order one for 1600. It's a KILLER Deal! JUMP ON IT!

I don't treat women like objects, I tend to treat my guitars like women...

Tags
duncan distortion , local guitar center , maple neck , maple necks , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , neck thru , prestige guitar , production model , seymour duncan , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode