RGT42 vs RG1570... help me choose my next guitar :) [pic] - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

RGT42 vs RG1570... help me choose my next guitar :) [pic]

hallo guys,

i'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.

so, i've been saving money to buy my next ibanez, probably an RGT42 or an RG1570. but the 1570 is more expensive than the RGT. is it worth it?

i like to modd my guitar. if i modd the RGT, will it show any improvement? one thing for sure is i'm gonna put tremsetter for my next guitar.

i'm also looking for a new amp. if i bought the RGT, i'll have some money for an amp... i still dont know which one to choose... either the RGT or the 1570.

i already have an RG270, my first guitar. i wonder if the RGT is better than my RG...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 AM

Re: RGT42 vs RG1570... help me choose my next guitar :) [pic]

Well, which do you prefer, a neck-thru or a bolt on? The T42 has the combination of neck-thru and Mahogany, which usually has increased sustain. Yes, there will be a difference if your RGT is modded. I however, would go with the 1570. Better trem, build quality, and awesome neck! You may want to replace the pups however. Maybe a trip to Bentley will make your choice a lot easier.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 AM

Yeah what he said^

Or youre probably be better of buying a RG550 (or up) if you still want to mod it and save money for your amp. They're probably my fav RG's. I reckon the 550's are better than the two guitars you listed here... (or you can wait for the complete 2006 lineup)

Last edited by JoeJoe; 01-13-2006 at 03:22 PM.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
Well, which do you prefer, a neck-thru or a bolt on? The T42 has the combination of neck-thru and Mahogany, which usually has increased sustain. Yes, there will be a difference if your RGT is modded. I however, would go with the 1570. Better trem, build quality, and awesome neck! You may want to replace the pups however. Maybe a trip to Bentley will make your choice a lot easier.
bentley...? are you sham kamikaze?

well, the neck construction doesnt concern me much. all i care about is the finish quality, tone. i never use any RGT before, so i really dont know how it feel. i tried the RG470 once, and its way2 better than my RG (duh )

the RGT really looks like a bargain. but, still, if its worth saving for the 1570, i'll go for it.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

yeah, about the new model, i cant wait
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazrul_x2n
bentley...? are you sham kamikaze?

well, the neck construction doesnt concern me much. all i care about is the finish quality, tone. i never use any RGT before, so i really dont know how it feel. i tried the RG470 once, and its way2 better than my RG (duh )

the RGT really looks like a bargain. but, still, if its worth saving for the 1570, i'll go for it.
I'm going to have to go with JoeJoe. RG5xx are superb for the money. E-bay has a bunch of 'em. Chances are you'll get one cheaper than a new T42 with shipping included.

For the record, I'm not Sham Kamikaze. ;-)

I got my username from the first name that popped into my head. Should've picked a better one. lol
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm going to have to go with JoeJoe. RG5xx are superb for the money. E-bay has a bunch of 'em. Chances are you'll get one cheaper than a new T42 with shipping included.

For the record, I'm not Sham Kamikaze. ;-)

I got my username from the first name that popped into my head. Should've picked a better one. lol
lol

i dont use E-BaY.

i went to bentley couple of times, right now there's only GIO available!!! man! the only high end ibanez available is the one with 'strictly no test' sign... how am i suppose to buy one if i'm not allowed to test it? hehe
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

i'm also thinking of getting an edge pro for my RG270. will make a big diffrence? the iLT bridge doesnt hold tune well...
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
lol

i dont use ****.

i went to bentley couple of times, right now there's only GIO available!!! man! the only high end ibanez available is the one with 'strictly no test' sign... how am i suppose to buy one if i'm not allowed to test it? hehe
Really? When I tried guitars there I tried an SA2020, JS1000, JEM555, K7, RG1527, AM Strat, and an AM Ash Tele. I think what they meant is that you can't try them out by yourself. I'm sure a sales assistant will help you out.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Really? When I tried guitars there I tried an SA2020, JS1000, JEM555, K7, RG1527, AM Strat, and an AM Ash Tele. I think what they meant is that you can't try them out by yourself. I'm sure a sales assistant will help you out.
ooh, i see... hm, all the model you stated above is what they have right now at bentley... you tried all of em recently dont ya? hehe
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
ooh, i see... hm, all the model you stated above is what they have right now at bentley... you tried all of em recently dont ya? hehe
Not that recent, say about a few months ago.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

does installing a tremsetter will make a diffrence in a floyd rose bridge guitar?
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:35 PM

I wouldn't buy a guitar from **** just because you haven't tried it and it's a bit hit and miss.

I'd go for the RG1570 just because i have an RG1550 and i think that it's an amazing guitar. When i first got the guitar i was in love but nowadays i'm finding the neck is too thin for me (i get sorta cramps - but that's just me, wizard necks aint my cup of tea. I prefer wizard II or Jem necks. I think the RGT may have more of a wizard II neck but don't quote me on that )

Whichever way you go, it'd be best to change the pickups from IBZ pickups. I'm not amazingly fond of my IBZ pickups so i bought some dimarzio humbuckers.

I guess one thing to keep in mind is - do you need that singlecoil? It certainly makes the guitar ALOT more versatile i find, but you still get singlecoils on HH ibanez guitars (the two coils split together), so just try em out and see.

I'm also a bit freaked when it comes to neck-thru guitars because i know i can't replace the neck on the guitar easily if it gets damaged, but again, that's just me - unlucky and difficult haha
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 08:30 PM

RGT42 vs RG1570- it souldn't be compared this way IMO as these 2 guitars offer different playability. the former has a finished neck, if you are not used to this kinda feel, then make an effort to try one first before you decide & not just by reading inputs here. also, the 1570 offers a single coil, if it's not within your needs, there are plenty other models to choose from.

before you invest in a bridge swap for your ILT bridge, be informed that the default cavity won't accomodate many other units, the Edge Pro included. best thing to do here is to sell off your current guitar.

the Dimarzio IBZ pickups are hits/ misses, they fare better in mahogany bodies IMO.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

i like both finished/natural neck color. both works fine with me. as long as the guitar has a humbucker and a trem, i'm satiesfied. the rg2550 looks killer with the chrome pickguard. but they are currently out of stock.

well, i'm going to the guitar store now to try the 1570. i'll post some comment about it later.

Tags
dimarzio humbuckers , dimarzio ibz , edge pros , esp arming adjuster , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , ibanez backstop , ibanez guitars , jem neck , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode