RGT42DX Pics - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

RGT42DX Pics

What color Dimarzio's should I get. Tone Zone/Air Norton
Black
Black/White
White

Pickups
-------

Last edited by Watkins; 03-07-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM

Re: RGT42DX Pics

Nice!!! Like the flame on that. On pickup colour I'd go for Purple DiMarzio's if you can get 'em. If that's not for you out of the one's you listed: black/white.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM

+1 for black/white! Enjoy it!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Sexy! Hmmm... I second the purple pups idea. Or maybe chrome tops! But that probably won't fly with you soooo I'd go with zebra.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 AM

I like the purple. Black & white reminds me of "generic". Purple is a great color with black.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 01:31 PM

I posted on one of your earlier threads just now but I said don't get the Tone Zone. It's really best in basswood guitars. I had one in my RGT42FMTLF but it was quite muddy. The Tone Zone puts out a lot of low end which is completely unnecessary in a mahogany bodied guitar and more high end is really what's needed. I'm not sure what Dimarzio might be best for the bridge. I've had EVO's but those were in basswood. The stock IBZ/Dimarzio pickups sound great in the RG 320z but I'm not sure what they compare closest to in Dimarzio's product line.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanez rg 550 ? pics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode