The rise of the seven string - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:10 AM

Re: The rise of the seven string

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
but IMHO the current Universe is the best 7string I ever layed my hands on.
Couldn't agree more I love the UV777BK, it really is a great guitar and you can pick a good condition used one for a pretty reasonable price I have three 7's, the UV, RG8527 and a Leviathan. The UV *just* beats the 8527 for playability. Plus imo it's just one of the best looking guitars I've ever seen

Last edited by Gurj; 06-01-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 AM

I've been a 6-string player for about 13 years, never really thought about 7-strings... I never even bother to try alternate tunings on my guitars anyway. I don't play the kind of music that needs to 'go low'.

But I loved that ZR tremolo on the new S series... I think the S series are beautiful guitars anyway. So I decided to try the 7-string version, because that'd give me something unique, rather than yet another "humbucker guitar with tremolo". I just like the superfat sound that the guitar gives me, and it turned out quite easy to play. So I got the S7320.

I still don't use the B-string a whole lot, I mostly play it as a 6-string, but it's one of my favourites.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:29 PM

All I know is that I truly miss my S 7420. It was a very comfortable and great sounding guitar. I will own another one someday.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 02:10 PM

Reviews: 21

If you check out Scam Ash's Ibanez 7 & 8 string section on their website you come up with the following models.
RG1527, RG7321, UV777, Xiphos 7, RG2228, Apex 1, Apex 2, and S7320.
I'd say that's a good selection of 7's.
I never played an RG1527, but it looks like a 7620 with a Prestige neck. I'm not sure how the specs match up but the RG7620 is a solid instrument!
UV's are nice but IMO they need a new version or another color choice.
RG7321 is a sweet instrument too, especially for the price.
Apex 2 looks pretty cool too, though I have yet to try one.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
what we really need is a RGA 7 string, neckthru, reversed headstock, ebony fretboard, no or minimal inlays, Edge Pro trem, mahog body / quiltedmaple top, H-H 5 way switch...

Okay, a man can dream sometimes...
Check my created threads list..seems like Agile is right up your alley!
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Yep, have seen that green beast!
Looks very nice!
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Also people are crying for a new one, but IMHO the current Universe is the best 7string I ever layed my hands on.
Eh, I'm just a little bored. It's cosmetically one of the nicest UV's, and I've really dug the ones I've played. It's just, after what, 15 years...? It'd be cool to see a new finish.

There was a foreign 2008 Ibanez page someone linked up where it appears they accidently set up the new UV page with the Jem7V specs, and all of sevenstring.org collectively flipped their shyte when we saw the "Body: Alder" bit. THAT I would buy in a heartbeat.

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , ebony neck , humbucker guitar , reversed headstock , sounding guitar , string section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode