roadstar ii rg600 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By dashie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

roadstar ii rg600

does anyone know more information about this guitar, i got it for 300 pounds, i cannot find a lot of info on it, it plays well and the pickups seem to put any amp into overdrive which is only an issue when wanting to play clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5789.jpg (2.06 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5788 (1).jpg (2.35 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5790.jpg (2.28 MB, 16 views)
FireEagle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 07:30 AM

Re: roadstar ii rg600

Ah, very nice, and good price too. You've even got the original boomerang strap-buttons, people often get rid of those.

The RG600 was part of the Roadstar Deluxe series made in 1986. This particular model has active pickups, which is why you’re finding them overdriving your amp. Controls are configured as a single volume and two band eq. The model also differs from others in the range by being hardtail and having an ebony fingerboard. Otherwise normal Ibanez fare – basswood body (with flame maple veneer here) and maple neck. Colours were Wine Pearl (like yours), and Transparent Black (like a dark charcoal burst).

There were a few made in 1987 as well (yours is March 1986) from what was probably left-over parts, and there were some different colours too – I remember seeing a black/green burst once.

Overall, I don’t think many RG600s were made, you don't see them around very much.

Tags
1986 , active pickups , questions , roadstar 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode