This rookie could use some help customizing his RGR321EX :) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Talking This rookie could use some help customizing his RGR321EX :)

Hey guys,

First time poster here...I'm going to be doing some upgrades to my stock RGR321EX, so I decided to register and ask for some help. I've been a lurker for some time, but can't seem to find any answers by searching. So here we go!

If you can help me at all, i really appreciate it!

1) I'm going with the air norton (neck) and tone zone (bridge), and I have stock 500k pots. I've read about some people liking the 250k pots for basswood. Is there any truth to this? What is the benefit?

2) I need to replace my crappy plastic but, and I'm going Graphtech, but I'm having a hard time getting the right measurement. Ibanez lists my nut as 43mm and 6*43mm. But I can't find that on the Graphtech site...? All I have is a tape measure and I can't get an accurate measurement to find the one I need.

Edit: I googled the nut for my guitar, and got part number 4NT1CG5043, which shows it's 5x43, not 6x43 like the website says. Weird.

3) Tuners! I need locking tuners. I've convinced by the Sperzels, but other than that, I'm not sure exactly which set? I'm also open to Gotoh or Schaller, if someone could send me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help guys! Love this site!

Last edited by blink0r; 09-04-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 PM

Re: This rookie could use some help customizing his RGR321EX :)

Hi,

I can only answer to the tuners. I put Sperzels in mine - think they were called EZ-mount locking tuners. Great tuners and required no drilling and no screws. Tuning stability got better, but not great.

Martin

Tags
dimarzio , rgr321ex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode