RT series - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Re: RT series

I found my pickguard at Terrapin pickguards, very kind service and great product (it's the one you see on the photos above)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

here are some new photos of my RT150 (she now has a Tone Zone on bridge, Virtual Vintage 2.1 in the middle and Virtual Paf Neck on neck position)

Here some photos of my new RT240 too : the pickups have been swapped for a Double Whammy on bridge and a pair of Cruisers (neck) for middle and neck positions !

Both great guitars !

post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

It looks sweet with these zebra pickups.

Can you tell us a bit more about these pickups ?
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanlan75018 View Post
It looks sweet with these zebra pickups.

Can you tell us a bit more about these pickups ?
Those are a set of Miracle Man humbuckers with a Trilogy middle position from Bare Knuckle Pickups in the UK. Pickups are handwound and all that, sound amazing and great service as well. They've got a website where you can find more info.
www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

OK thanks !
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 AM

here's a pic of my rt240

had a pearl scratchplate made for it with 1 hb (now been changed to a Bill Lawrence L-500XL). the trem has been apoxy'd to the body to get more string vibration transfered to the wood (it now rings like a bell).

post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Just curious, those of you that have both the 6 screw version and the 2 post versions of the tremolo (rt150 vs the other rt's) . Do you notice a difference in the sustain or ability to dive and stay in tune. Is one better than the other. I have a newly acquired rt150 and was just wondering the pros and cons of both. This is my first "non-edge" guitar.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
here's a pic of my rt240

had a pearl scratchplate made for it with 1 hb (now been changed to a Bill Lawrence L-500XL). the trem has been apoxy'd to the body to get more string vibration transfered to the wood (it now rings like a bell).

That is a nice looking guitar!

Tags
air norton , alder bodies , alder body , bare knuckle pickups , body shape , bridge pickup , coil tap , custom pickguard , fixed bridge , floyd rose , fret board , gotoh tuners , graphite nut , locking nut , locking tuners , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mexican strat , monkey grip , neck position , neck shape , paf pro , paf pros , pro edge , pull coil , pull coil tap , quilted maple , rod adjustment , rosewood fretboard , sounding guitar , strat bridge , strat style , strat trem , string tension , string tree , tone zone , truss rod , truss rod adjustment , vintage strat , viper neck , virtual paf , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode