rumors of RG-2027 being discontinued in Japan? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

rumors of RG-2027 being discontinued in Japan?

I thought i recalled hearing something about this over in the J-custom forum a few days back. I was really hoping to pick up one of these over the summer, but because i'm a little pressed for cash at the moment, i was going to wait until i got a few paychecks from my summer job before placing an order. however, if we're facing an imminent cancellation, I'll need to start begging the 'rents to spot me the cash so i can import one immediately- as far as i'm concerned, this is one of the mosr attractive and interesting 7's on the market today, and i've been hoping to upgrade my 7620 ever since i got the thing (amazing guitar, especially after the mandatory pickup switch, but in terms of vibe and eye candy, a bit low, and while i like the distorted tone, i'd like to get a little more variety from the clean channel). Has anyone heard anything about this, or was that just an empy rumor i spotted on the board? or, seeing as it was while i was at work, was i just hallucinating? thanks in advance,

-Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Vendor

The 2027 is discontinued, but no worries, the replacement model is the 2127 and has a few more options at no extra charge
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 04:13 PM

The only thing about the 2127X is that it has a flat finish, no gloss, its still very nice though. Two weeks ago I contacted ishibashi about the 2027X and they were the ones that told me ibanez had stopped producing the 2027's because of the 2127X, they had one left in one of thier stores and I was lucky enough to pick it up (though there are several on jemsite right now, and I know someone who is selling a mint condition one for really cheap). The only thing that I dont understand is that the 2127X doesn't have the upgraded electronics like all the of the other 2120X guitars. Maybe they will upgrade it later in the year.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Vendor

They didn't upgrade the 21?!?! What's the difference, just the matte finish?! (I hate that stuff!)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
They didn't upgrade the 21?!?! What's the difference, just the matte finish?! (I hate that stuff!)
Yep, only change is the finish. Remember hearing this when I was researching 7-strings a while ago. Cool finish, but the added features of the rest of the 2120 line would've been cool. I'll probably stick with the 7620 when I get the cash, if she's still there.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Oh god... you grabbed their last one? *assorted worlds that wouldn't make it through the profanity filter, none aimed at you, of course, i'm just jealous*. The 2127 is a great guitar too, just i was blown away by that vintage violin finish on the 2027... gorgeous against that mahogany. I'll drop a line to the distributer just to confirm it, but unless they start offering the 2127x in VV, consider me officially in the market for a used 2027... Now, off the e-mail the dude who knew about that one for sale...

-Drew
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

I just contacted ishibashi by e-mail last night, and rumors of the japanese RG-2027's demise seem to be greatly exaggerated. I didn't talk to the normal contact- i got some guy who's name began with an n, instead of the guy who's name begins with a K Rich mentioned being the normal contact, but he said while they were temporarily out of stock, he hasn't heard anything about a cancellation. I asked for a price quote, which i have yet to get; maybe he's some low-ranking guy they just hired who just hasn't heard about it yet, but in the meantime I'm feeling a bit more optimistic. More updates when i get home and check my personal e-mail account.

-Drew
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 01:22 PM

There were two people who I spoke with the first was Noriko who told me that they were just out of stock on them. Then Koichi contacted me and told me that "Ibanez has no more plans of making the 2027X model, so the one i have in my store is the last one that I will be able to get" then I mentioned to him that perhaps they were discontinuing it in Japan because of the 2127X, he contacted ibanez and then got back with me and told me that was in fact true. I dont know how but if all he told me in his emails was somehow wrong it would benefit many people here that would love the chance to buy the 2027X again. Drew, let us all know if you get the same story that I did.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, i've got my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, i'm eying the used market, just in case... Once again, i'm at work so i can't check my personal account, but it'll be the first thing i do when i get off. I personally feel the 2027x is one of the best overall 7's i've ever seen, and i'd hate to miss out.

By the way, question on the peizo bridge- my inderstanding is it's hard-wired to the body, thus making it impossible to remove from the body without some hardcore wiring work. I'm a big fan of the jemsite-approved "pop out the bridge instead of removing the strings" maintenance trick, so i wanted to know if i need to start looking for alternatives. A bit of a pain in the neck, but a fair trade, i'd imagine...

-Drew
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Ok, i'm officially in the market for a 2027.

Tags
distorted tone , pickup switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode