Rusty cooley joins dean guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Rusty cooley joins dean guitars

rust joins the growing list of dean artists with very promising insight into a new model .

check it out , ibanez will not only have compeition from the new MAB signaute but from this as well .

http://www.rustycooley.com/home.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: Rusty cooley joins dean guitars

hell i posted this in the wrong section , it should have went in the 7 string section .
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:45 AM

John petrucci left now it's rusty
post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 06:53 AM

rusty cooley is a god, but hes such a ****ing slut. this is about his 5th guitar company endorsement, and hes on his 3rd or 4th amp company (which, by the way, sucks at the moment. diamond amps or something and the tone is hella ***)
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 07:01 AM

I've never really been a big fan of dean, i don't like all these Dime sigs they are bringing out. Talk about cashing in.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 AM

You know Dean knows about making good guitas when they spell cutaway a 3 separate words.
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Boy
rusty cooley is a god, but hes such a ****ing slut. this is about his 5th guitar company endorsement, and hes on his 3rd or 4th amp company (which, by the way, sucks at the moment. diamond amps or something and the tone is hella ***)
Are you sure?

Because i think he's only been endorsed by Ibanez. Those Conklins of his were custom made and so was his Jackson i think.

Amp wise i think he's only endorsed Rocktron and VHT before.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:12 AM

Nooo!!!! My Dreams Have Ben Shattered!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:17 AM

I betcha it wont be long till Satriani leaves them an goes to Peavey..

Either something is happening to our beloved Ibanez, or they just dont care anymore.

Models are all starting to look the same(Colors), endorsers leaving, doing nothing about **** problems, etc etc.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:22 AM

does this mean he's gonna be selling his 8 string? i am SURE the one dean makes him will be better...lmao
post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 AM

Dean guitars (and especially their headstocks) have to be the UGLIEST guitars i've seen in my whole life. I don't say they sound or play bad, i just say they are ridiculous looking. All is too "big", bad designed, tasteless.... a shame imo.
post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Dean guitars own! I think their endorsment roster speaks for itself now. Trivium moved over to Dean from Gibson. Zakk Wylde plays them alot now as well. They do make an awesome guitar though!
post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci
Dean guitars (and especially their headstocks) have to be the UGLIEST guitars i've seen in my whole life. I don't say they sound or play bad, i just say they are ridiculous looking. All is too "big", bad designed, tasteless.... a shame imo.

Looks are in the eye of the beholder. They have currently 4 different headstocks on their instruments. And especially the V's are sweet. And who cares what rusty cooley does.
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:39 AM

I have never played Dean but they look really cool and I didn't like those 7-strings Cooley was using. And Ibanez wouldn't have made a Cooley signature or 8-string, just my guess but I'm pretty sure about that. I've heard that Ibanez isn't the most flexible company when it comes to making new signature models or co-operating with endorsers.
post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:30 AM

I have never really played Dean, but i like the fact that they DO take risks with their models -unlike our beloved ibanez-, i mean, wether you like the guitars or not (im talking about looks here) they always take risks and they never reproduce 1000000 times a model with minor changes (for example those damn RGs are so damn boring nowadays!!!), you get lot of variety!
It's nice to see a guitar company that TAKES RISKS! i think if they can make a guitar that plays just as or better than Cooley's Ibanez, its a very good change for him.

Tags
art guitar , body shape , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom jackson , custom shop , def leppard , edge trem , eric clapton , fanned fret , fanned frets , floyd rose , guitar players , headstock binding , ibanez guitars , iron maiden , jackson guitars , jerry cantrell , john petrucci , maple fret , maple fretboard , music store , neck binding , paul stanley , production model , rusty cooley , seymour duncan , signature guitar , strat body , string section , super strat , tony macalpine , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode