S series guitars.. Questions . Help! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Question S series guitars.. Questions . Help!

Hey, I'm trying to work out a deal on a one of two S series guitars.. One has the North Holly wood plate.. F series US pickups, about a 89 or 90 I think.. Great shape from what I can tell, and has the standard Fender sqaure neck heel to attach to body.. The other is a 93 S series or 540 LTD I think it is. Loosk like the same as the first guitar I described which is an S. Same setup with US Pickups HSH, and Trem, etc,.. The only difference is color and the AANJ neck attachment. Is the first one with the North Hollywood plate made or put togther in somewhere besides japan? Both guitars have Custom on them.. What's the difference in make or manufacture besides the way the neck attaches? Is the AANJ better for sound? Are the neck profies and radius the same?
Any opinions would be great..

Thanks so so so much..
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 AM

Re: S series guitars.. Questions . Help!

I for one can't stand the AANJ and would go for the square heel every time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 06:30 AM

Both japanese made,the square heel one was assembled in the US in north hollwood.
Square heel with F series p/ups are the best imho 88-90.......i've owned 10 plus over the years.
The custom plauqe is just a cool touch(depending on who you talk to) the 540 series guitars wore on and off....not really custom...just high end.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM

I personally prefer AANJ, but you can't go wrong either way. Radius did not change for sure, and profile should not vary too much except obviously near the heel.

IMO buy the one that looks the nicest and has the least wear. It's hard to judge how it will play until it's had a good setup.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4

Thanks guys..It's a hard decision.. Both are in excellent shape..
Tim
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 PM

square heel with F series pickups > aanj with QM pickups.

Tags
540 ltd , s series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode