s1220 questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

s1220 questions

I have this model in mind, but there are some questions i have about it.

The bridge... is an edge or a lo-pro edge one? At ibanez.com appears edge,but in some post here and at ibanezrules i have read lo-pro.

It´s AANJ?

The guitar have a only one inlay in 12 fret, but does it have side dots?

I used to heard that wood finish make the guitar loose sustain, is this true?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 11:15 PM

Hm. The Ibanez site definitely says it's an Edge, but in the photo, it looks like a Lo-Pro, which the S1520 has.

I think there are very few (if any) high-end bolt-on Ibanez models that don't use AANJ... the JS series is the only notable exception i can think of at this time. The S series are definitely AANJ.

Rest assured that even though it has limited face inlays, it will have a full set of side dots.

I don't think a natural or oiled finish will make a guitar lose (not "loose") sustain. I've heard that compared to a hard clear finish, oil finishes can be a tiny bit less bright, but other players swear by natural finishes, saying that they "breathe" more. I think it's all anecdotal and subjective, so choose what works for you.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:43 AM

On the pic in the 2002 catalogue, the trem looks definately like an edge. The only lo-pro equipped S-guitars in there are the S1540 and the S2120X(with the piezos).

Edit - I can't write
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Vendor

It's definately a cosmo Edge.

Tags
ibanez models , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode