S2170 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

S2170

I'm planning on buying a S2170 next month, but i would like to hear some opinions...
It's made in korea, right?
How does the korea prestiges compare to the japan prestiges? Are they about equal or is it a huge downstep from the japan made ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM

Re: S2170

I have one.

I'm getting it replaced. It has some issues.

My advice is to inspect it Very closley.

They seems to be inconsistent at best. I will have a better idea when I recieve the replacement. Some people have them and have no issues.

Check out my thread...if you like.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49901
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

I've read your thread, thing is...i can't try it before i buy it, since i'll be buying it from germany, i'm from sweden..
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM

I'd say it's a roll of the dice then. For the money.... a little over a thousand US. It's a good value. But if you have a problem....who knows. Mine plays and sounds good.

Even if there are issues.

Though, I'm not so pleased with the problems...

But...you already read about that.

I don't really know what else I can say. Bocephus has one. Ask him.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

I'll ask him...yeah, about the price, the cheapest S2170 i've found is around $1700, trust me, that's a pretty good price in europe, they cost $2500 here in sweden..But i'm beginning to think that $1700 isn't cheap enough
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahole
I'll ask him...yeah, about the price, the cheapest S2170 i've found is around $1700, trust me, that's a pretty good price in europe, they cost $2500 here in sweden..But i'm beginning to think that $1700 isn't cheap enough

$1700 US isn't IMHO.

But what are the prices of other similiar guitars in your area?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

I emailed a dealer in USA, they wanted $1099 for it, but in the end, it doesn't get much cheaper than buying it from germany, because of shipping and taxes, i would probably save $1-200.

Similiar guitars? I don't really know what i should be comparing with, but other guitars i've been looking at are a few Caparisons, Edwards, ESP's and stuff like that.. The Caparisons are a few $100 more than the S, but it's probably a better guitar.. The Edwards guitars are a few $100 cheaper than the S... The ESP's that i'm interested in are a few $100 more than the S

Tags
edwards guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Why is S2170 discontinued
ibanez s2170 f-spaced?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode