S470 vs Charvel Fusion vs Charvel Model 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

S470 vs Charvel Fusion vs Charvel Model 5

Which guitar is the best all around? The s470 has two Seymour Duncan Sh-1s, a carvin (don't know what model) in the single slot and a ZR trem (obvious). The Charvel Fusion has the two stock jackson pickups in the single, a Seymour Duncan JB in the Hum and a Schaller trem. The Charvel 5 is stock.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 PM

Re: S470 vs Charvel Fusion vs Charvel Model 5

Charvel fusion for me- I had one back in the day and loved it, but never knew why. Now that I realize how much more comfortable I am with a 24 3/4 scale, it all makes sense...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

I was leaning towards the Fusion but how's the trem?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:44 AM

what trem is on the model 5? the schaller LFR is a pretty good trem and the ZR is supposed to be the best out today.

i personally would go with the model 5 cause of the neckthru and mop inlays, but the ibby has got a mahogany body so depending on the tone you;re goin for you may like that
the fusion is also a great player. its a tuff choice for sure. the model 5 stock means it should have the j-90 humbucker with an active midboost system which is another pro/con depending on what youre goin for. what kind of music do you play?

edit-also the model 5 probably sells for about 400 the fusion probably around 3-350 and the s470 would be around 300 so.........
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

I play a lot of different styles, that why i said best all around. I play primarily metal fusion, but its kinda hard to stick a definite label on it. The Model 5 is cream and I think it has a Kahler trem (I have a Super Strat with a Kahler and it's kind of a no-no) The model 5 is 300, the s470 is 440, and the fusion is 600 (custom paint, but not sure why it should double the price)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

So... which is best all around? I played the s470 and it had amazing clean tone and trem but the crunch just wasn't right for me I'm guessing it was because of the '59 in the bridge. Also the wizard II neck felt kind of weird to me, my friend has an s470 aswell but the neck felt different a little bit thinner than what i played. Do the charvels have better necks than the s470? And if so which charvel has a better neck out of the two?

Tags
charvel , fusion , s470

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode