S470DXQM need helping finding parts - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Smile S470DXQM need helping finding parts

I have this absolutely stellar S470DXQM

I acquired this guitar from craigslist but did not notice it had the assembly that holds the tremolo arm to the bridge missing

I need the part that is circled if you have one or know where to get one could you please
let me know thanks

PS the person who I got this from was a wheeler and dealer type who dose not much about guitars had it listed with a floyd bridge

I was extremely dirty and in need of s setup it is all done except for the arm clamp

help make it a complete and happy guitar

Last edited by snarph; 11-09-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: S470DXQM need helping finding parts

well it would appear that I need a few more post to be able to submit the links to show what I need
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Reviews: 2

MATE! We've got the EXACT same guitar! I love mine, and I have indeed replaced that part 3 times (i'm a bit heavy on the whammy).

If i have any advice to you, is to not get the ibanez part, it's made of a cheap metal and will chip away with use (especially if you use the ZPS). Purchase the Schaller floyd arm from Stew Mac (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...molo_Arms.html).

It's a drop in replacement, uses stronger metals and it's a pop in arm. The only thing i liked better about the ibanez ZR arm is that the screw in style can be wrapped in plumbers tape to get an ULTRA snug fit, i'm still trying to come up with a solution for this one, but i think i'm just a bit too pedantic about my trem arm.

If you want to get the original ibanez part, contact rich (www.ibanezrules.com), he's also a member of this site and a good bloke to deal with. If you are going to use this part, DO NOT use the ZPS, it really puts a lot of pressure on the arm socket and chips it away very quickly.

Anyway, this is a fabulous guitar, so get this part ordered and start whammying!

Toodles, Julz.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Wink Re: S470DXQM need helping finding parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzius View Post
MATE! We've got the EXACT same guitar! I love mine, and I have indeed replaced that part 3 times (i'm a bit heavy on the whammy).

If i have any advice to you, is to not get the ibanez part, it's made of a cheap metal and will chip away with use (especially if you use the ZPS). Purchase the Schaller floyd arm from Stew Mac (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...molo_Arms.html).

It's a drop in replacement, uses stronger metals and it's a pop in arm. The only thing i liked better about the ibanez ZR arm is that the screw in style can be wrapped in plumbers tape to get an ULTRA snug fit, i'm still trying to come up with a solution for this one, but i think i'm just a bit too pedantic about my trem arm.

If you want to get the original ibanez part, contact rich (www.ibanezrules.com), he's also a member of this site and a good bloke to deal with. If you are going to use this part, DO NOT use the ZPS, it really puts a lot of pressure on the arm socket and chips it away very quickly.

Anyway, this is a fabulous guitar, so get this part ordered and start whammying!

Toodles, Julz.

thanks Julz it will soon be a very happy guitar
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Hey folks I got another of these fine guitars and need to replace one of the height adjustment screws , If you can point the way to one I would be greatly appreciative

I manged to take the bridge apart and do the adjustment wile the assembly was not under tension

but the hex head portion of the stud is missing about a third of the socket you would place the wrench in so doing it normally is out of the question

thanks as always love this forum

Tags
s series guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode