S540 USA made, or Japanese? Please help me - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

S540 USA made, or Japanese? Please help me

As I had wrote before, My friend is sell and Ibanez quilted top S from 93. The guitar is japanese and has the "Custom Made" inlay at the 21st fret. Is there any difference in value or in the guitar in general?? I was browsing through some of the past Ibanez books and couldn't find this finish, though it does have the same gold hardware along with the older style trems. I have a decent knowledge of Jems and RG's but this S has got me stumped.
Could any of you please tell me if this guitar I'm intrested in is worth $650 or not, or if the fact that it's MIJ make a difference in value?
Thanks for your time and any help would GREATLY be appreciated.
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 11:04 PM

That "custom made" inlay was found on all s540FM's.
I think you'll find that one is made in Japan. As vaijem said in your other thread he picked one up last year also dead mint for less.

If you need a guitar now, and that fits your needs. Go for it. If not, maybe wait around, check ebay. Something should come along....It always does.

wil..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 08:07 AM

Should be no problem getting one for $400 or less if you're patient.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 03:31 PM

Nick-
I have a '98 S540QS if you're interested...would have emailed but your address is not posted.
Greg
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode