S5470 plays better with ZPS3 stop bar removed. Damn. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

S5470 plays better with ZPS3 stop bar removed. Damn.

I finally got around to trying my S5470 without the stop bar today and am sad to say it plays better. I say I'm sad about this because that stop bar is actually really convenient. It makes it easy to tune and I can go back and forth to dropped D really easily. But the trem action is way better without it and, this could definitely be a placebo effect, but I feel the sustain is better with it removed.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. If you have a ZPS3 equipped guitar, trying removing the stop bar and see what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: S5470 plays better with ZPS3 stop bar removed. Damn.

Yeah, I think most people in this forum does take off the zps-bar.. I know I do. It's much more like "normal" floyd rose whammying action when the bar not there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 PM

I have a S5470 Prestige with H-S-H pickup setup. I would like to rewire it to H-H. I removed the single coil pickup already. I just need to know which humbucker wire goes to which terminal on the 5 way switch. The humbucker pickups are "hot grinders." So can someone please provide a wiring diagram for me to rewire my S5470? Thanks

also does anyone know how to remove the new collet knobs?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 01:33 PM

Reviews: 1

I like the stop bar. It keeps the guitar in tune when I'm palm muting, and with it I can do very subtle vibrato stuff.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeayearite View Post
I like the stop bar. It keeps the guitar in tune when I'm palm muting, and with it I can do very subtle vibrato stuff.
This, though I don't find myself doing any vibrato stuff. I like the stop bar for the comfort of the bridge on my palm and none of the going sharp as a result of putting pressure on it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Vendor

The ZPS does not prevent you from palm muting the bridge sharp. The bar is on the other side of the trem block. The ONLY thing the bar does is help keep bent double stops in more "relative" tune [because they will not stay in perfect tune], and make it a little easier to tune as the bar keeps the bridge from continuing to advance forward as you tune to pitch.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

I ended up putting it back in the other night. I change tunings a lot (usually just back and forth to dropped D, but also between standard and half step down) and it was just too much hassle without the stop bar.

Tags
s5470 , stop bar , zps3 , zr2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode