Ibanez JEM Forum banner

S7420FMTT, finally got one!~wave inlays~

Tags
s7420fmtt
2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Elmo Zappa 
#1 · (Edited)
It's cool schtuff men, tho it needs some TLC and repair work. Neck is cracked thru to underside of fretboard between scarf joint and locking nut screws, and was crappily glued with cyanoacrylate that I'll pick out and re-glue properly- but that's an easy fix.
Post lean in Mahogany... diff story.
Still, with ohsc case for $200, I feel I got a deal. Plus, I have a cool guitar when the work is completed.

Also, the trem. LO TRS Trem, what can I replace it with? OFR, Schaller, or other Ibanez trem?

Pics to follow!

#6 ·
Thank you so much! I am stoked that a better quality Ibanez trem will fit right in w/no modification. If I want it to pull up crazy Vai style, then might rout it out. I'll be keeping an eye out for a LoPro 7.
In the meantime, I just disassembled the whole neck and separated the cracked headstock from the neck and have it in my lap, scraping out glue remnants with an Exacto knife spun around using the back edge as a scraper. Dry run fitting is looking better by the minute. Can't wait to glue it up!

wish I wasnt having probs posting pics...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.