Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Deity 
#1 ·
I picked up one of the guitar center exclusive S-series 7 strings here, and to be honest, it beats the hell out of my other 3 seven strings ( a Schecter (eww) an RG7620 Custom, and a UV777BK).  I want another one...but does anyone know, do they make this guitar in any OTHER Flame Maple Tops besides the transparent turquoise?  I know the S7420 also has a black pearl...but it has dot inlays and I don't want a black guitar.  Am I out of luck, or do they have any other flame maple s-series 7 strings???

#6 ·
S7420FMTT??

I don't think there is anything to beware- while most consider the lo-pro Edge to be a superior bridge, Deity has already stated that he finds the S7 more than a match for his RG7620 and UV777BK! Why risk the magic he has discovered in the S7 by making such a drastic change just to satisfy public opinion?

#7 ·
S7420FMTT??

Seeing as how I use my 7 strings...as live instruments (with the exception of my RG chromillusion w/ EMG's installed...so I use it in recording), the Sabre is huge for me because it's so much lighter and easier to move around with on stage. I don't do much soloing (yeah, I admit it, I'm in a nu-metal band..shameless plug www.mp3.com/tod hahaha), so I don't really do much tremolo work, so I think I will get along with the TRS bridge just fine.

What's someone else's opinion on the Sabre 7's (with flame maple tops)? I can't believe that I like it that much better than the UV777...maybe it's just because the Sabre is new and I'm still stuck on it. It's just too bad that they don't make any natural or violin style finishes or anything for the Sabre's...

Rex

#9 ·
S7420FMTT??

Well, if you don't use the TRS, you could just block it; in such a state, any disadvantage compared to the Edge is gone.

I love the Sabre body second only to the Radius. All the Jems, Universes, RGs, etc. (and for that matter, strats & pauls) have no draw for me because of the body shape. If I ever decide to get a 7 string, it'll be a used sabre...

#11 ·
S7420FMTT??

Ah, tuning problems, I was wondering what type of problems you'd had with it Polaris20. 98% of the time, I don't even play with the tremolo bar in the bridge, so I don't think that it's going to cause many problems for me at all. Have I mentioned how disappointed I am that Ibanez doesn't make the Sabre's in any other Flame Maple tops??? hahaha

Quick question though -

I saw on ebay ( ) a Sabre Flame Maple Top in Transparent Turquoise just like the Guitar Center special I have...except it had dot inlays, not waves. I was looking in the guitar profiles on this site...and a guitar of that nature (flame maple S series 7 string with DOT inlays) isn't even listed. I wish the ibanez site were more helpful on this subject rather than only displaying guitars on their current product line (an archive would be great).

Anyway, does anyone know of any *other* Sabre's with Flame Maple tops besides the two I've mentioned?

#13 ·
S7420FMTT??

Hm, if anyone hears of those S-series Flamed Maple Top 7 strings from Japan...I'd love to hear more..a picture, some info...haha anything, I'm desperate =). I've been scourging foreign ebay sites for the last 3 hours to no avail...

#14 ·
S7420FMTT??

Here's Japan's 7 strings. There aren't any S series models there, so i don't know which country getthis is thinking of.

But seeing as how Ibanez loves to have an entirely different product line for every friggin' country in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a S7420 in a different color somewhere in the world.

#16 ·
S7420FMTT??

Yeah, I checked out that Japanese page, but it's like the American one in that it doesn't have any previous models listed. I've only started my search and already I'm getting discouraged...haha..if anyone hears of any of those Sabre's I"m looking for definitely put a post up here. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.