SA1260 tremolo bar identification - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

SA1260 tremolo bar identification

Hey all, I just picked up an SA1260 that literature says has an SAT-Pro tremolo. Mine didn't come with a bar... I had an old bar lying around (unknown origins) that is threaded and it threads fine, but sits VERY high off the body when "tightened" all the way in. I also tried a "push in" style bar and it flops around, so thinking I need a threaded bar.

Every site I can find says it should be a pop-in style bar, yet mine is threaded. It looks the same as the reference pictures though, so I'm completely confused! This guitar has replacement pickups (Andy Timmons set), so it's possible other stuff was swapped by previous owner.

Pics attached of my guitar.

Does anyone know where to source a suitable replacement bar? And can you clarify why mine is threaded, while everywhere else it shows to be a pop-in style trem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (404.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg sa1260-2.jpg (408.0 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 04:07 AM

Re: SA1260 tremolo bar identification

The easiest thing to do by far is simply order a replacement bar from an Ibanez dealer because it is a proprietary tremolo system.
It will be a push-in type arm and you can adjust the torque so the arm doesn't flop about.

Really nice guitar with a great pickup set by the way.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Vendor

As you can see it's a push in, takes a FAT/SAT bar. I have them in stock.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey Rich,
That's part of my confusion! Everywhere I look/research shows this as push-in style bar, but I pushed one in and it flops around (so could be the wrong bar diameter admittedly). My threaded one DOES thread into it though.

Is there a chance it will take either type, but designed for the correct diameter push-in style primarily?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Vendor

There's a great chance it has a plastic bushing sleeve which you are destroying with the screw in bar.
sepulchrave likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There's a great chance it has a plastic bushing sleeve which you are destroying with the screw in bar.
Yeah...unfortunately. I can not blame Ibanez for my mistake or the OP’s possible mistake. I do wonder why Ibanez has so many bridge variants year to year or simultaneously? How many “Edge” type bridges exist? I thought R&D was difficult and expensive, at least, that is the trump card I hear used when it suits the argument.

Sorry for taking that off topic. It has been on my mind for awhile. Anyways, Rich tends to know Ibanez problems based off the model and “tone of the text.” English is optional. 😉

Tags
ibanez , sa1260 , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode