Samick Valley Arts Custom Shop Pro - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Samick Valley Arts Custom Shop Pro

hi people , i just want to check with you guys.

i recently bought a Samick Valley Arts Custom Shop Pro guitar. Its a strat with SSS config. It is in top notch condition. The bridge has been changed to wilkinson semi floating bridge. Machine heads changed to schaller locking tuners. Pickups changed to hotrails , coolrails and classic stack.

the only problem is , i bought it for 750sgd which is roughly 500usd.
when i checked on "harmony central reviews" and other sites , the prices are only 200usd , 300usd ,highest was 400usd. All 2nd hand , including mine.

so , i just want your comments , did i got cheated or was it worth the price?
thanks =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Re: Samick Valley Arts Custom Shop Pro

Sounds like you paid a little over the odds to me but if you like it then who cares eh?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 05:36 PM

take the price of the pickups n machine heads into consideration
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
take the price of the pickups n machine heads into consideration
Definitely as shogun says.

Given that... in the States, a bit high on the price. In Europe, it'd be a good deal based on how their prices are so much higher. How is pricing for new or used guitars in Singapore compared to Europe and the US? That'll give you your answer.

End of the day... as long as it makes you happy, like Eggy said.
Edwood is online  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Reviews: 120

Got to remember that the price of a guitar in Singapore is vastly different to in the States. I noticed that pricing is similar to Australia when I was over in Singapore in 2006. It's all to do with the market. There are a lot more people in the States which helps keeps the prices a little lower (more stock is bought and sold - new and used).
LonePhantom is online  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 04:29 AM

I just bought from here johndetitta.com shop for the arts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 AM

Reviews: 11

nice catch. I had samick valley arts custom shop pro bass earlier (sold it to friend of mine) and it was the best bass I have ever played. Birdseye maple neck, mahogany body with flamed maple top, nice rosewood fretboard with abalone inlays, gold hardware, active electronics with pickup splitting and the sound.. Unbelievable. And how much I paid for it? 150 euros, which included hardshell case, new strings and nice padded strap, which still serves me with my assassin.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Smile Re: Samick Valley Arts Custom Shop Pro

YES I KNOW ITS AN OLD THREAD, BUT PEOPLE STILL READ EM..
Ive owned a 70's amer. standard strat (lefty white) go jimi! and a 05 mim strat.. and honestly the valley arts ssm-1 strat plays better than either of them .. no matter what you payed. You got yourself a real player.unless its over 500 then you got taken.. only thing done to mine is a bridge pup replacement .. 9.6k for some better lead drive. other than that its good to go and the pickups stock were way better than the MIM (dog whistles) and Ide say..granted from memory, as good as the american standard.. If anyone can find a valley arts ssm-1 in good shape buy it... if you find one in mint shape.. haggle all you want, but dont let it get away from you.

Last edited by notryt; 10-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 PM

the guy you seem to talk to has not logged in since 2007
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
the guy you seem to talk to has not logged in since 2007
Actually , as hard as it may be to phathom, there may be someone else who would like to know how good the samick guitars are and what they are worth. or better yet what is an acceptable amount of money to give up for one. I stumbled across this thread and thought someone who actually owned a few different strats could give some sound advice based on actual experience.

Tags
custom shop , locking tuners , schaller locking , schaller locking tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode