Sat Pro II Bridge, on SA series guitars..? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Sat Pro II Bridge, on SA series guitars..?

Any info, input or experience with this one..?
I am thinking of maybe purcahsing the SA series guitar (i like the single in the neck, and a simpler setup with single locking trem...and they look very nice)
But, since i never had a guitar which has single locking trem, i need some help about it..
Is it fully floating (dives and pulls) are both posible..?
All of the available models have this same bridge..i havent found it in 2007 catalog, at least for this part of Europe, so, any input is highly appreciated..
also, whats the comparison of this particular bridge with Sat Pro (I) or similar..?
is it a solid, good trem..?
i do not need it for heavy abuse, but still, for subtle vibrato..
i was thinking about adding the Locking tuners, and possibly replacing the nut..
I guess that with this 2 mods+ if the bridge is good, it will be one nice instrument..
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:49 AM

Re: Sat Pro II Bridge, on SA series guitars..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pera_a777 View Post
Is it fully floating (dives and pulls) are both posible..?
it depends on how you set it, but don't expect to pull up more than half a note (unless you set it at 10mm off the top of the guitar). the SatPro is a great trem but it's not designed for pull-ups. if you set it full floating mode it would allow you for just some Gilmourish vibrato. but of course it can dive like a Floyd, the only problem being the tuning issues, due to that crappy soft plastic nut. put a Tusq nut, full stretch the strings and you might have no need to even install locking tuners.
i think the only difference between the SatPro and the SatPro-II is the latter doesn't have the metal chips on the saddles.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Re: Sat Pro II Bridge, on SA series guitars..?

Thank you for the info, man...
I guess that i must check it out personally..
still not sure if i would go for one..
i like simplicity of changing strings for sure..
but, its useless if tuning stability is a bit of an issue..
as i have said already, it needs to be tried in person..

Tags
locking tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode