Saw neat Vintage Ibanez at Music-go-round / Roseville MN - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Saw neat Vintage Ibanez at Music-go-round / Roseville MN

I don't know how rare these guys are now-a-days, but this is only the 2nd one I have ever seen. I didn't get a chance to play it, but it looked to be in very good shape.

Last edited by fyrie; 10-13-2005 at 02:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 AM

Re: Saw neat Vintage Ibanez at Music-go-round / Roseville MN

I don't see a picture, just a thing saying hosted by tripod.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Swapped out the original to one on the PG site. It's an AR3000 solid body. The one I saw today was pretty-much the same color with gold hardware and bridge.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:13 AM

Thats not vintage, theyre from a couple years ago?

Or did you mean Vintage looking?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:19 AM

That's not exactly vintage is it? These were being made not a long time ago, in fact, it was always more of a reissue. Cool guitars though.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:32 AM

The original AR300(0) I think are rather vintage (at least 70s)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Yah, I could be wrong. I jammed with a guy earlier this year who had one and he claimed it was a older / rare ibanez that had the kibash put on it by Gibson. He could have been feeding me a line of bull. The one I saw did not look like a re-issue because the gold plate behind the bridge looked aged (still doesn't mean it wasn't a reissue tho).
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 01:25 PM

my drummer was given his dads old lefty AR3000 ibanez custom and he cant even play!!!!!!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Ahh.. I was just able to track down a little more info. Yes indeed this model was recently reissued. I was able to find an authentic one on the auction site that is from 1983. I'd have to say that chances are that the one at music-go-round was a reissue.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:08 PM

My firend has been looking at getting one of those. Those are nice indeed. I like the ones from the 70s.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:42 PM

That is a new AR-3000, and it's more of a re-use of the original name than a reissue of the old AR-3000. The original AR3000 had an ebony fretboard, two volumes, one tone, a three band EQ, the three way switch and two mini tri-sound switches for the humbuckers. I believe the original AR-3000 was only made in 1981. This guitar is very recent, and fairly rare as well having only been made available for a year (or maybe less). It's a very nice guitar shouldn't have any trouble holding its value.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

I was back in the store tonight. The guy at the counter claimed it was a 1982, however, it did not have any of the toggles etc.. It was straight-up-four-knobs. 'Not sure if I believe him. I didn't have him take it down for me (it was on the wall behind the counter). $499. It looks old, but not worn at all (dull polish, not like a 2 year old guitar). However, the fact that it has no toggles makes me think the guy was feeding me a line of ****e.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 11:30 AM

The guitar in the pic above, that Paul Gilbert is holding, is a 2004 AR-3000. It is the latest in the Artist line, which is close to 30 years old now. There have been many different Artists, and a few could be you mystery axe. If it's an 82, the serial starts with a letter and 82, with the letter corresponding to the month. Take a look here: http://www.ivc.ca/misc/artist/sitemap.htm
Can you email me your pic of the actual guitar?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
The guitar in the pic above, that Paul Gilbert is holding, is a 2004 AR-3000. It is the latest in the Artist line, which is close to 30 years old now. There have been many different Artists, and a few could be you mystery axe. If it's an 82, the serial starts with a letter and 82, with the letter corresponding to the month. Take a look here: http://www.ivc.ca/misc/artist/sitemap.htm
Can you email me your pic of the actual guitar?
Cool link.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:55 PM

It probably is an '82. (the one you looked at, not the one i the photo). Some of them had all those toggle switches and some of them didn't. I have a friend with one from the 80's and it doesn't have any coil taps or anything. Just four knobs and one toggle. It's probably a good deal at $499.00. Just get the serial number and you can easily date it.

Tags
coil tap , ebony fretboard , paul gilbert , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode