Schechter 007 sound? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Schechter 007 sound?

I have my eye on the 007, i have been wanting a 7 string for a while now and the necks on the ibanez 7 strings just dont feel comfy to me.
I had ago on a schechter 7 string and i quite liked the neck, i found that the 007 has the same neck, so ...
Its got a mahogany body with a maple cap a maple setneck and a rosewood fretboard, what would the sound be like? Im looking for something that has plenty of clarity and doesnt muddy up and i was wondering whether the rosewood and mahogany would not be a wise idea for that sound
I would go and play one but none of the shops around here stock those

Cheers in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:09 AM

I've played a 006 and it sounded quite nice through the Marshall Mode 4 I was playing through. I'm really interested in the 007 myself, but would probably replace the pickups.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 12:38 PM

mahogany? stay away lol!
unless you have 10 pre and post EQ's, bright pickups, bright amp/head/cab, stay away!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam669
mahogany? stay away lol!
unless you have 10 pre and post EQ's, bright pickups, bright amp/head/cab, stay away!
is it really THAT bad??? i mean it has a maple cap and a maple neck(not fretboard tho) so i thought that should add some clarity and top end.

what would be the best wood(s) for great clarity then?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 12:07 AM

In my experience, the mahogany/maple combo gives the guitar a realy mean bite. IMO, it gives a darker sound, not muddy.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 07:15 AM

not really on my 2027.
no, an alder body plus a maple top on it could be sweet and why not an ebony fretboard too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 12:12 PM

The 006 I played was sweet sounding, and that's just with the stock pickups. So the 007 should be sweet too. I just wish they'd fix their custom shop, and someone would give me a bunch of money so I could get a baritone version

Tags
alder body , custom shop , ebony fretboard , mahogany body , maple neck , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode