Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 or Ibanez Apex 2 (Munky Signature) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

View Poll Results: Which one do you like most?
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 0 0%
Ibanez Apex 2 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 or Ibanez Apex 2 (Munky Signature)

hey! Im writing to you this time asking for your help because I need you to help me choose my next guitar. the battle is between a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 and the Ibanez Apex 2.

I personally prefer the Schecter because of its features such as:

Construction: Set-Neck w/Ultra Access
Body: Mahogany
Neck: 3-pc. Mahogany
Scale: 25.5 in.
Fingerboard: Ebony
Frets: 24 Jumbo
Inlays: Active Symbol at 12th fret
Binding: Aged 3-ply
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Active Black Outs
Electronics: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-way switch
Bridge: TonePros TOM w/Thru-Body
Tuners: Grover
Hardware: Black Chrome

where as the Ibanez comes with:

Mahogany body
5-piece maple/walnut Wizard II neck
Bound rosewood fingerboard
24 Jumbo frets
"Apex" logo at 12th fret
2 DiMarzio PAF-7 humbuckers
TonePros adjustable bridge
Brushed nickel hardware
Sealed die-cast tuners
Single volume control

I've heard a lot of good things about the Blackouts. They are more organic sounding than EMG's sounding more like a passive and at the same time more aggressive. On the other hand PAF 7 humbuckers are low-output though I've watched a lot of videos on youtube and I like its sound. I am buying this guitar mainly for shred and riffing stuff.

I dont care too much about the cleans because I've heard the cleans with Blackouts are not the best but for shred and riffing I know it will do the job.

But I still need you guys to tell me if the Ibanez is worth it compared to the Schecter. WHICH GUITAR WOULD YOU BUY AND WHY?

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:53 AM

Reviews: 15
Re: Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 or Ibanez Apex 2 (Munky Signature)

phanghos, play them both and see which one feels right for you. Don't get tied into knots about the pickups; pickups are easy to change.

Most people on here will say the Ibanez is the way to go. Find a Schecter board and the opposite will be the case.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE View Post
phanghos, play them both and see which one feels right for you. Don't get tied into knots about the pickups; pickups are easy to change.

Most people on here will say the Ibanez is the way to go. Find a Schecter board and the opposite will be the case.
That's the problem i live in venezuela and it sucks because the music stores here dont sell good instruments so I cannot try them. My choice will be based on your opinion, videos, reading reviews, comments, etc so it's not going to be easy to make my decision. Thanks anyway. And im not changing the pickups so thats why I said all that
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 01:39 AM

hmm i would go ibanez because the way schecter does their whole setup feels wierd to me. I have played several and they often have this wierd tone that is kinda thin. but u can only really here it when it is unplugged. I have never had anything similar to it on an ibanez. I would go with the ibanez but the schecter is a close second. Personally I would go with the IBANEZ!!! yeah. the blackouts thing, eh... im not a huge fan of actives. I would much rather use pedals or outboard gear to boost my tone.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 02:31 AM

I've had plenty of both, and I'd suggest the Schecter. Just about every feature on the Schecter to me is better than the ibanez.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:58 PM

actually I think I will take back my comments about the schecter. this weekend I had to borrow my friends and it sounded pretty sweet. I have to admit they are good guitars.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoostavah View Post
actually I think I will take back my comments about the schecter. this weekend I had to borrow my friends and it sounded pretty sweet. I have to admit they are good guitars.
lol i guess you thought they sucked because there was something wrong with the one you tried
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

ok im SO confused im now also considering a schecter loomis which has an ash body, maple fretboard thats hot and also a prs se custom 24 its the cheap version of the original custom 24 but ive heard good things about it

Just to let you know so its easier for you to choose the right guitar for me

"Well im now REALLY into symphony x so i need a clean, smooth and articulate tone to be able to play that kind of genre. I want to get a good tone when playing legato, tapped string skipping licks, that kind of thing. Im also now into a lot of gilbert stuff. So i basically want a hot distortion when playing rythm and smoothness and clarity when playing lead with good note definition without being muddy. I guess you got my idea (:"
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM

I feel that we're trying to compare apples with oranges. A 7-string with a 6-string. I think you should settle first on the guitar: 6 or 7-string. Then we go on and offer you our opinions on the candidates.
For 7 strings Schecter offers great instruments. If you like thin profile necks though, you should go the Ibanez way. The Loomis model comes with floyd or fixed bridge. Which one you prefer?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

haha ok i got your point let's go slowly. I dont care about the loomis being a 7 string im ok with the neck my hands are not small and my fingers are long so i guess id get used to it quickly. So thats not a problem i dont care if its a 6 or a 7 string. Then id go with a fixed bridge after having some bad experiences with a floyd BUT if the guitar sounds way too awesome and has a floyd i guess i would not care about that and it would not be sooo bad because i would already have 2 guitars. And man i know ibby's kick ass but i wouldnt buy one unless it was a prestige and i dont have enough money. We cant compare the features that a schecter hellraiser, loomis, blackjack atx or even the prs se custom 24 have to offer against the features a standard RG brings.

So im worried about the sound most. Besides i want a strat body im not looking for a V and that kind of shape.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Schecters are great value, I have 3 ibanez, one of them prestige (RGA121) and the other is an RG570 (in the prestige limit) and the third one a mmm1 baritone, and I also have a schecter C-1 Hellraiser and I can tell it is a great instrument, it compares just fine against my other guitars ...

By the way, I'm also form Veenzuela (Barquisimeto Na'Guara)
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _FR0D0 View Post
Schecters are great value, I have 3 ibanez, one of them prestige (RGA121) and the other is an RG570 (in the prestige limit) and the third one a mmm1 baritone, and I also have a schecter C-1 Hellraiser and I can tell it is a great instrument, it compares just fine against my other guitars ...

By the way, I'm also form Veenzuela (Barquisimeto Na'Guara)
:O jaja no me esperaba eso yo de valencia
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 PM

yeah actually it was just the one i owned and one other one I tried, I think because it was the bolt neck ones? The blackjack seven string and the hellraiser seven are both good guitars I have tried and seriously considered getting. I dunno man, to answer your question all those are good. I would go with the PRS Se tremonti setup. I think it comes with american made pickups but dont quote me. My friend has one and I played one at a store and it has fixed and tremelo bridges. And it sounded and played good. but i guess thats not a strat style one. hmmm. i liked the paul allender prs se series too. What about ltds? I played some nicer ones and they would be in a similar price range and they are a good value but I think the schecter is probably the best for the money. I would do a hellraiser or blackjack 4 sure
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

I know ltd's are nice but most of them are alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. But i've still listened to a lot of great sounding ltd's out there. Though schecter has a lot to offer here i mean, the hellraiser has a mahogany body and emg's with coil tap, the blackjack atx has a mahogany body as well as a mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and blackout pickups. I think that's hard to beat and finally the loomis has an ash body and maple fretboard that's pretty inusual. The prs also has a mahogany body and a 25' scale. But I might end liking the ltd more, who knows?

But like i said, i want a very articulate and smooth tone that allows me to play some sick legato and that kind of stuff (:

Last edited by phanghos; 01-05-2010 at 01:01 AM.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:12 PM

Reviews: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanghos View Post
I know ltd's are nice but most of them are alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. But i've still listened to a lot of great sounding ltd's out there. Though schecter has a lot to offer here i mean, the hellraiser has a mahogany body and emg's with coil tap, the blackjack atx has a mahogany body as well as a mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and blackout pickups. I think that's hard to beat and finally the loomis has an ash body and maple fretboard that's pretty inusual. The prs also has a mahogany body and a 25' scale. But I might end liking the ltd more, who knows?

But like i said, i want a very articulate and smooth tone that allows me to play some sick legato and that kind of stuff (:
Not all LTD's are alder, I have an EC-1000 and Viper 1000 both with mahogany Schecter on the other hand, the Hellraiser is the best in class The most bang for your buck...you simply cant beat it. Its one of those guitars to where you say "wow, I need to get it before the company realizes the mistake they made on the price tag" I would get that over any LTD($250-$450cheaper then LTD) Only difference I believe is ESP LTD EC/MH-1000 has 81/60 to where Hellraiser has 81/85 and the Hellraiser has a slightly fatter neck (you can feel the difference) The blackjack is a sweet guitar man, im actually looking into buying one myself! I woudlnt buy an Ibanez(Unless you play rock) especially if you play deathmetal,thrash metal..You gotta put too much money into them, not worth it.
I own 2 schecters, they're one of my favorite guitar companys, very comfortable
I own an Ibanez, Ehh its whatevers like I said, I have to put alot of money into to make it have that death metal sound(Great ROCK GUITARS THO)
I own 2 ESP LTD, GREAT Guitars, only reason I bought them was because I got them cheaper then the Schecter hellraiser and Black jack, or else I would of bought the Hellraiser and the black jack.
If your low on money and Want a great sounding guitar thats best in its class I would buy the HELLRAISER! If you cant afford that then I would get the BLACKJACK. "BUT" If you do have enough money to spend Then I would get any of the following: ESP LTD EC-1000, M-1000, MH-1000, H-1001 or Viper 1000
and just to add...Jacksons are crappy guitars, to over priced and just arent made to last man. my opinion.

Tags
apex2 , atx , blackjack , c-1 , schecter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode