Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR or Ibanez RG1570? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

View Poll Results: Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR or Ibanez RG1570?
Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR 5 33.33%
Ibanez RG1570 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR or Ibanez RG1570?

I think I've scratched the S320/S520 off my list. I played the S520 and S670 today and I was really disappointed that I couldn't stand the necks. They didn't feel fast at all - I felt like I couldn't move around the neck because the feel was so... I'm not sure how to put it... rough? I don't know. I thought the S670 was drastically over priced - the cheap, plastic edge on the neck cheapened the guitar. The whole range felt and played cheap just my opinion. I did like the trem though!

Anyway the ones that I feel play the best are the Schecter C-1 FR Blackjack and the Ibanez RG1570. What are your feelings about the Schecter compared to the RG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 AM

Re: Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR or Ibanez RG1570?

Well since this is primarily an Ibanez forum you'll understandably get more support for the Ibanez most likely, lol.

However, having tried both and compared features side by side, I would 100% go for the Schecter. Duncan Blackouts are great pickups, and I really dont like the V7/V8 pups that the 1570 comes with.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 AM

I'd go the 1570. The neck is the deal breaker for me. The Schecter is a touch too beefy for my tastes. I really like the Prestige Wizard, it fits in my hand more comfortably than the Schecter, and just feels nicer to me.

Throw some new pickups in a 1570 and it can hold it's own with any of the more expensive Prestige models.

Whichever one you choose, enjoy your new axe.

Rock on!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

I know I'll get a generally favourable opinion of the RG1570 but I guess I'm not 100% convinced of Ibanez's current quality control. From playing various Ibanez guitars it feels like they're cutting corners across the board. I'm likely wrong (hopefully!) but I have to be careful - CAN$1k is a lot of money for me to blow on something that might give me problems later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode