Schecter C-1 Elite White - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Schecter C-1 Elite White

First off, im an Ibanez guy at heart, with 2 RG 7620s, a UV7PWH, an S 7420 and a Fender Strat, I decided to get a Schecter. At my local music store, I was scanning through Schecter's 30th Anniversary catalog and liked what I saw, one guitar in particular which caught my eye, the C-1 Elite in White, I noticed it was hanging in the music store so I impulse bought it. I have been wanting to get a 6-string hardtail for quite some time and I got a great deal on it so here it is~

the back is so smoothe.

I love this headstock too.

and the abalone binding.

This guitar plays and sounds great. I am quite pleased with it. With the coil tap, I get that Strat-y tone like Eric Johnson which im a huge fan of that tone, as far as the pickups go, I like them. It's a great guitar to shred on as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Re: Schecter C-1 Elite White

And one more pic. Enjoy.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:32 AM

very pretty

White guitars = Sexy
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 01:32 AM

They do make some great guitars imo. I would really dig the classic model with the vine inlay. Ive seen some shoddy fretwork ont heir low end models, but even then the thing sounded awesome.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I really like how the guitar sounds. It plays so well too. I took it to practice tonight and I was impressed. It stayed in tune and played and sounded great all night. I love the coil tap too. This is actually my 4th white guitar.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 01:29 AM

I think Schecter makes some bad-ass looking git-fiddles. I've never played one tho.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Dee

I'm guessing this is Korean? It reminds me of a Peavey V-Type I had which I later sent back due to so many flaws in the binding, speaking of which, it did have the same type of binding, H/H pickups, rosewood neck inlayed the same with abalone, etc., as your Schecter. I guess I was unlucky with that one, it looked better in pictures, plus I couldn't get a decent action out of it.

Those string ferrules on the back of yours look a little off. I think it's places like this that Korean manufactured guitars show their flaws. Congrats though, glad you like it.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 02:13 AM

Ibanez and schecters kick ass
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 02:20 AM

Lovely indeed that guitar is Shawn, there's nothing wrong in liking other brands of guitar, I love Ibanez with all my heart but I'm always wanting to own other brands too
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 02:52 AM

Hows the neck feel compared to Ibanez?
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
I'm guessing this is Korean? It reminds me of a Peavey V-Type I had which I later sent back due to so many flaws in the binding, speaking of which, it did have the same type of binding, H/H pickups, rosewood neck inlayed the same with abalone, etc., as your Schecter. I guess I was unlucky with that one, it looked better in pictures, plus I couldn't get a decent action out of it.

Those string ferrules on the back of yours look a little off. I think it's places like this that Korean manufactured guitars show their flaws. Congrats though, glad you like it.
Those string ferrules are staggered just like they are from the front noob! Look at the front picture. No the qualityis quite different from what you would get with a peavey outsourced guitar. The quality control is quite a bit stiffer and these guitars play wonderfully.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
Those string ferrules are staggered just like they are from the front noob! Look at the front picture. No the qualityis quite different from what you would get with a peavey outsourced guitar. The quality control is quite a bit stiffer and these guitars play wonderfully.
I'm sure he's not talking about the stagger. The spacing looks off. It's not symmetrical and it Doesn't match the front. At least that is how it appears in the photo.

Nice lookin guitar anyways. I just saw one of those at guitar center the other day. They seem to be quite popular.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
They do make some great guitars imo. I would really dig the classic model with the vine inlay. Ive seen some shoddy fretwork ont heir low end models, but even then the thing sounded awesome.
I've got one. C-1 Classic. Pretty ****in sweet, very classy natural binding with a beautiful beautiful natural maple veneer on top (done to look like a full figured maple top, and done well too). Plays awesome, hell I'm selling my PRS because I don't feel that the quality difference warrants the price difference!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb
Hows the neck feel compared to Ibanez?
pretty thick, took me a while to get used to them. Prefer Wizards though.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
Lovely indeed that guitar is Shawn, there's nothing wrong in liking other brands of guitar, I love Ibanez with all my heart but I'm always wanting to own other brands too
I feel the same way.

By the way, as an owner of MIJ guitars (except for my Fender which is made in Mex.), I have never been a fan of Korean made guitars. I took the 'Made In Korea' sticker off shortly after I snapped the pics.

Tags
abalone binding , coil tap , eric johnson , fender strat , les paul , local music store , mij guitars , music store , neck inlay , rosewood neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode